It's fricking snowing right now

Options
heiney9
heiney9 Posts: 25,097
edited April 2 in Clubhouse Archives
Wow, I'm not ready for the white stuff. It's 31 degree's here in Rockford, just outside Chicago and about 25 miles south of the Wisconsin border. It's fricking snowing . I haven't even taken the summer only tires off my car yet. I hadn't planned on putting the snow's on until after Thanksgiving. If we get too much and it accumulates I'll be stuck. :eek:

Wow :eek:

H9
"Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Damm snow already that sucks hopefully it wont be too bad. not looking foward to snow here in NJ. Drive safe
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited October 2006
    Options
    It's just a dusting. ;)
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Bundle up folks. It's on the way.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • joeparaski
    joeparaski Posts: 1,865
    edited October 2006
    Options
    It will melt in one day.....not to worry....yet.

Joe
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited October 2006
    Options
    yeah, I heard you guys in the central north were getting hit with an arctic blast. gonna be cold!!!

oddly enough, I have heard predictions for a mild winter across the board. yaaaaaay global warming :)
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited October 2006
    Options
    ohskigod wrote:
    yaaaaaay global warming :)
    Oh, don't you start that again!!!!! :mad:

:p
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited October 2006
    Options
    yep...gotta love minnesota...it was 80 last week...now it's 25:rolleyes:
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I swear, everyone who doesn't live in California or the South insists that their region has the worst or most unpredictable weather. How many of you in various regions of the US have received a mass email about your specific region that says "If you don't like the weather, just wait 5 minutes" or somethign to that effect? Raise your hands :)
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited October 2006
    Options
    heiney9 wrote:
    Wow, I'm not ready for the white stuff. It's 31 degree's here in Rockford, just outside Chicago and about 25 miles south of the Wisconsin border. It's fricking snowing . I haven't even taken the summer only tires off my car yet. I hadn't planned on putting the snow's on until after Thanksgiving. If we get too much and it accumulates I'll be stuck. :eek:

Wow :eek:

H9

Damn, I'll trade ya. I would love if the temperature went under 80 for a few minutes.
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited October 2006
    Options
    And just to let you know so you guys don't freak out. But next year at this time, there is a good chance it might snow! I know, its crazy.

It needs to change, im sick of hot sunny days.... then in february, ill be sick of cold snowy days. I feel its good to have change.
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I'm going camping with the boy this weekend, low tomorrow night supposed to be 34, should be good! :D
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,888
    edited October 2006
    Options
    And they call Canada the great white north ;)
    No snow here.............................................yet
  • ninerbj
    ninerbj Posts: 870
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Hey Willow...I live in South Dakota and my wife is from Barrie ON. Her first winter here she was threatening me everyday to move back to Canada where it was warm!

Woke up this morning to a light dusting of snow. Temp was 21F
    On my way into work this morning I bent over to pick up a lucky penny and it was a nipple! NOW THAT IS COLD!
    "she had the body of Venus, with arms."
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,713
    edited October 2006
    Options
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I swear, everyone who doesn't live in California or the South insists that their region has the worst or most unpredictable weather. How many of you in various regions of the US have received a mass email about your specific region that says "If you don't like the weather, just wait 5 minutes" or somethign to that effect? Raise your hands :)

I've gotten those silly emails but I disagree. The seasons change here in NJ but for the most part, weather is predictable and steady. We get the occasional Nor'Easter which can hammer the region and cause more damage than a hurricane but for the most part, weather here is benign.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,526
    edited October 2006
    Options
    DUDE!!!

Why is it snowing in Chicago!??!?! I just woke up and I'm freezing!
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Jstas wrote:
    I've gotten those silly emails but I disagree. The seasons change here in NJ but for the most part, weather is predictable and steady. We get the occasional Nor'Easter which can hammer the region and cause more damage than a hurricane but for the most part, weather here is benign.

I'll agree with that. some get annoyed just at the change between cold and warm through the year, but I think I would be bored with the same weather nearly all year round.

last winter in NJ was very mild in comparison to other years. sre there were a couple big snowfalls, and a run of very cold days, but overall mild compared to other recent years.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I used to live ~30 miles north of Madison, WI. I miss the snow! We might get a dusting down here every 2 or 3 years.:mad:
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited October 2006
    Options
    H9 - the ground was completely covered in Belvidere by 8 am this morning! Coming down in big fluffy flakes! I-90 was about 45mph all the way to the Elgin toll booth. Way too early for this stuff!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited October 2006
    Options
    sucks for you guys...its in the 80s here:D
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I just got back from a week in Los Angeles last night! Welcome home I guess!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • heiney9
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Well the snow went off and on in almost white-out conditions until about 11:00. Thing is it's still here on the ground and on top of cars. It's only going to get up to about 38-40 today.......brrrrrrrr

Welcome back Doug :D
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • MattN03
    MattN03 Posts: 558
    edited October 2006
    Options
    It's freeking 49 degrees in Memphis now!! BBBUUURRRR I hate cold weather!!
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited October 2006
    Options
    There is some scattered snow in and around Pittsburgh right now:(
    Carl

• tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited October 2006
    Options
    heiney9 wrote:
    It's only going to get up to about 38-40 today.......brrrrrrrr
    MattN03 wrote:
    It's freeking 49 degrees in Memphis now!! BBBUUURRRR I hate cold weather!!

where are you guys from, Brazil:confused:
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • MattN03
    MattN03 Posts: 558
    edited October 2006
    Options
    tommyboy wrote:

lol, naw, born & raised in western KY and moved farther south to the Memphis area after college. I just like warmer weather-70's & 80's are perfect IMO :D
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Hmm, it's a little chilly, but rained off and on most of the day here in mid PA. Low tonight is 34, so it should be nice for work tonight :)
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • heiney9
    edited October 2006
    Options
    tommyboy wrote:

I'm just not used to snow and 30 degree weather at the beginning of October, especially since it's been in the 70's and 80's within the past week. It's a shock :eek: , is all I'm saying!
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited October 2006
    Options
    The winter in Jersey blows. When it gets cold or snows, it doesn't stay that way long enough for winter type sports. It is 30 one day and 55 the next, making for a helluva mess most of the time. Fall is the only really nice time of year around here.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,713
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Nah, spring and early summer are nice too. Late July and August suck. Hot as hell and humidity rivaled only by Maryland/Virginia area.

Sometimes December/January can be cool if we get hit hard with snow.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Really freaking hot here; Troy, I don't know how you managed. Reached 45 the other day, the warehouse thermometer said 53. That's C folks, not F. White boy is melting... And this is in freaking October! WTH...

Can't wait to get back to the PA fall/winter...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin