PINKS Episode Airing

Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,804
edited October 2006 in Car Audio & Electronics
Sorry for the late notice but they screwed around with the schedule on me. They are airing the PINKS episode I built the car for tonight, Wednesday October 11th at 9:00 PM.

As I said before, we had the red 1990 Mustang LX and the owner's name is Jimmy. I didn't make the taping but you'll get to see what I was rambling on about 3 months ago.
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
Post edited by Jstas on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited October 2006
    Cool bro. Ill try and check it out.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Jstas
    edited October 2006
    They will have it on reruns again if you miss it tonight.

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited October 2006
    what channel is pinks on?
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • MacLeod
    edited October 2006
    Speed channel
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    edited October 2006
    so what happened to the clutch? Is that why he lost?
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    edited October 2006
    Wow! You guys got spanked!!

What was wrong with the car?

That dude from NY really needed his **** kicked!

• Jstas
    edited October 2006
    Bad clutch. Simple as that. It wouldn't hook worth a damn. Jimmy isn't always the calmest guy in the world and tends to run his mouth a bit when he gets frustrated but he was right. Lean condition or not, if the clutch don't hook, the engine could run like a scalded dog and the car still won't go anywhere. The Maryland heat and humidity didn't help the clutch situation either. It also didn't help that Jimmy decided it would be better to go Mexico a week and a half before the race and then try to slam a car together in less than 10 days.

I ain't making excuses, just stating the facts.

The other dude though, he was "spraying down the intercooler" because he was running a bone stock junkyard engine and boosting the hell out of it. If he didn't "spray" the intercooler down, he would have ate his rod bearings for lunch. He didn't win with a "better car" he just got real lucky that he didn't live up to his TNT Racing name.

You gotta remember too. This is a TV show and they are looking for drama. The picture they paint of the competitors with editing is not necessarily a 100% accurate portrayal. However, one thing that is accurate is that those guys from NY were jackasses and probably the worst winners I ever saw on PINKS.

We already have another car in the works though and hopefully this time Jimmy will give us some more time to get the car done.

• exalted512
    edited October 2006
    sucks to put all that wrenchwork in a car just to lose it b/c of a clutch problem...especially to a bunch of dicks...
    -Cody
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited October 2006
    Jstas wrote:
    The other dude though, he was "spraying down the intercooler"

And he was doing a really bad job of it, most of the footage they showed was him directly spraying the bottom part of the plastic bumper. :D
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited October 2006
    PolkThug wrote:
    And he was doing a really bad job of it, most of the footage they showed was him directly spraying the bottom part of the plastic bumper. :D
    ROFLMREO!!!! Now I really gotta see this show!! :p
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • MacLeod
    edited October 2006
    The killer was the show after that one. The guys with that total POS Ford Ranger! As soon as I saw it I knew it was a piece. Then when they guy starts whacking on the gear shifter with a hammer.....Priceless!

Those are the same guys that stick 4 15" Pyle subs in the trunk of a car with factory speakers.

• exalted512
    edited October 2006
    MacLeod wrote:
    The killer was the show after that one. The guys with that total POS Ford Ranger! As soon as I saw it I knew it was a piece. Then when they guy starts whacking on the gear shifter with a hammer.....Priceless!

Those are the same guys that stick 4 15" Pyle subs in the trunk of a car with factory speakers.
    no ****, i watched that one too. Did you see his list of mods? 302 with 120 shot of n2o, stock everything else...wtf???
    -Cody
  • Jstas
    edited October 2006
    That's what these guys do though. They get a pile of crap and throw some junkyard motor in and either juice the living hell out of it or boost it to kingdon come and pray it holds together. Then, if they win, they get a REAL car like what those jackasses from NY got or they lose at most a rolling chassis worth 300-1000 bucks tops. What are they out? A pile of junk and a tank of gas or two. Big whoop.

PINKS could be totally freaking awesome and GREAT television instead of just a cool show and good television if they could actually find more people that "get it".

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2006
    Pinks was like that in season 1, great races. My fav was the two nitromethane cars, the Nova and the Stingray - both on 10 inch tires, both pushing over 700 horse iirc.

That guy from NY is a JOKE, I loved him doing his burnouts in first gear, and the back tires hopping. What a moron.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Jstas
    edited October 2006
    He had a stock T-5 transmission. He had no choice. Burnouts in second gear will shred the sychronizers with that much power. The rear wheels were likely hopping because I was told he did virtually nothing to the rear end. Stock everything. So everytime the slicks got traction and held for a second, the suspension would load up, compress and then uncompress. When the spring tension relaxed enough, he'd get traction again and it'd happen all over again. Aftermarket control arms and urethane bushings will do alot to fix that.

But yeah, that car was literally slapped together with junkyard parts. He had the two turbos but they were probably worth more than the whole car. It was unfortunate for us about the clutch and lean condition but the other dude just got lucky. If we had been running, he'd probably have lost.

I was also told that even the PINKS crew didn't like the NY guy and his crew. The host was visibly upset with him on the edited version of the show. They told me that the host was talking with another crew guy and Nate Prichertt(sp?) about the guy and his buddies being overly rowdy and cocky. Like Mac said, somebody needs to kick his ****.

• denim
    denim Posts: 79
    edited October 2006
    Jstas wrote:
    You gotta remember too. This is a TV show and they are looking for drama. The picture they paint of the competitors with editing is not necessarily a 100% accurate portrayal. However, one thing that is accurate is that those guys from NY were jackasses and probably the worst winners I ever saw on PINKS.

We already have another car in the works though and hopefully this time Jimmy will give us some more time to get the car done.

I agree and good luck.