S6 speakers for sale $

geoffrey2k
geoffrey2k Posts: 2
edited July 2002 in Flea Market
Hi,

I have a pair of Polk S6 speakers I just inherited from my parents, which are hardly used at all. I have no need for them, so I thought some Polk aficianado might be interested in them. They are oak finish, and in pretty nice shape. A few scratches on the bottom side, some minor dings (i suspect from someone's lack of vacuuming skills). I tried them out on my stereo system, and they sound full, crisp and clean.

I havent been able to locate what the retail price for these speakers was when they were purchased, so if you think you want to make a more reasonable offer for them, please do, as they are taking up space.

The speaker are in the original cartons, with styrofoam, and plastic bags, but no cables are included, of course.

Im asking $ 175 for the pair, which I suspect may be reasonable, but I really dont know.

So, if you are interested, please email me at sfgeoff9k@aol.com and we can discuss.

Thanks,
Geoffrey
Post edited by geoffrey2k on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2002
    $100 is about fair for the S6 model, just fyi....

You should post where you are located, incase there's a forum member nearby for a local pickup....

The S6 had a 1inch silk dome, 6.5 inch midbass, and 6.5 inch PR, if I'm not mistaken, a fairly large shelf speaker, a little bigger than the RT55.....

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • geoffrey2k
    geoffrey2k Posts: 2
    edited July 2002
    Thanks Russ...ironically, my friend offered me 100 bucks for them, so I think I'll just sell them to her. I just picked up a new pair of Monitor Audio 8i's so now I have even more extra speakers to ditch. :) Im quite pleased with the 8i's. The S6s were about the same as the Phase Techs I had, which I just replaced. Anyway, thanks again. Geoff
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2002
    So do you have more to sell? Break it down, whatcha got?

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.