FS:SDA SRS 2's Kansas City Area

Options
Mike Reeter
Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
edited October 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I have for sale a nice pair of SDA SRS 2's...I bought these a couple of years ago from the original owner.

These are the earlier version SDA's with REAL Walnut caps,not veneer...I have stripped the wood and gave them a little color,then applied a high quality finish.There are a few small inperfections in the wood sides,nothing major.

In my dimly lite basement,they look darker than what they are...The grills and all the side panels are in good condition with a snag here and a snag there...nothing major.

I have a new blade/blade i/c that was purchased from Polk...All drivers perform properly,and the SDA's sound very good...All enternal components are factory stock.

The ONLY reason I'm parting with these is I just bought a pair of SDA 2.3TL's...and something has to go...

You can come to our home and sit down and demo these speakers before you buy,bring your own material if you like...Bring your own gear,as long as you have a common ground amp.

I live in N.W. Missouri about 1-1/2 hours from downtown Kansas City...about 2 hours from the Jeff City,Columbia area.

I will also drive 1 hour in any direction for a meet.

So,all you K.C. members it is time to get your SDA's on...how often does the SDA line come up for sale in the Midwest? I can tell you,very seldom.

$650.00...you can send a P.M. or reach me at mreeter@greenhills.net if interested...

I'm on the "list" here at Club Polk...Thanks,Mike
Post edited by Mike Reeter on

Comments

• Mike Reeter
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Sorry,having trouble getting pictures loaded,will try later.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited October 2006
    Options
    PM Henry (Hbombtoo) he may be be interested in uprgrading his SDA 1C's
    Carl

• Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Damn you Mike! I'd love to pick these up but 1. I have no money and 2. don't have anywhere to put them. Good luck with your sale though.

Why is it you only find the deals when it's not right for you to buy? UGH!

But regardless, I can speak for Mike and his lovely wife. Great people. Very nice and I'm sure would be a pleasure to work with.

How's the TV? ;)
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • Mike Reeter
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Hey Toxis,Thanks for the kind words...the Sony is a pleasure to watch...you didn't steer me wrong:D
  • univera
    univera Posts: 848
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Nice speaks. I like that darker stain. They look a bit more up to date. Good luck with your sale. Curious how you like the 2.3's in comparison.
    UNIVERA
    Historic Charleston SC

2 Channel:
    SDA-SRS's RDO tweets
    Biamped Anthem 2 SE's w/1970's NOS Siemens CCA's
    Anthem Pre 2L w/E.harmonix platinum matched 6H23's
    CDP- NAD C 542

HT setup:
    AVR: NAD T 773
    Rears: Polk LC80i
    DVD: Toshiba 3109 dual tray
    Subs: Velodyne and M&K
    T.V.: Sony KDL-52XBR4 w/Vans Evers Clean Line Jr.
    Conditioner: Panamax M5100EX

Master Bedroom Sony 40KDL-XBR3

"I love it when a plan comes together." Hannibal Smith, The A-Team
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Dam you guys are killing me with these beautiful SDA's - i have the money and never anyone close to AZ.:mad: My Monsters would love the 1.2's.
    PS. Nice audio rack I have two of them.....
  • candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited October 2006
    Options
    These must sound awesome like all the Polks do and a nice size as in not too big and not too small.
  • Mike Reeter
    edited October 2006
    Options
    univera wrote:
    Nice speaks. I like that darker stain. They look a bit more up to date. Good luck with your sale. Curious how you like the 2.3's in comparison.

I would say that the 2.3's don't have a whole lot on the SRS 2's...A tad bit wider soundstage and what I would call a little "bigger" sound.

The SRS 2's are easier to drive,I've noticed to achieve the same level of sound,I have to turn the dial just a little bit more with the 2.3's.

The bass response is of course very close,the 2.3's have a little advantage in the mids and mid-bass areas.

I'm done buying speakers for quite some time,I also picked up a beautiful pair of SDA 1C's this Summer...I need to part with at least one pair of SDA's in order to upgrade into some better electronics...
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited October 2006
    Options
    are the 2.3's considered SRS's too? Just curious.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Mike Reeter
    edited October 2006
    Options
    danger boy wrote:
    are the 2.3's considered SRS's too? Just curious.

Yes,our new pair are SDA SRS 2.3TL's...The SDA SRS 2's I have listed also have Mathew Polks signature on them as well.
  • schwarcw
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I'm done buying speakers for quite some time...

Ha Ha! LOL! After six months, maybe a year you'll be dying for the 1.2TL's and bi amp them with some big clean power. The addiction has got you, you just don't know it yet:D

congrats on your 2.3's Mike! I have a set and what I like about mine is that they have a full sound that washes over you even at very low volume. No other speaker I have had can do this. Happy listening! What are you powering your's with?

Carl
    Carl

• schwarcw
    edited October 2006
    Options
    OOPS! I didn't see that you had the Parasound HCA-1500. Get yourself a pair of Parasound Halo A21's and let the good times roll!:D

Carl
    Carl

• Mike Reeter
    edited October 2006
    Options
    schwarcw wrote:
    OOPS! I didn't see that you had the Parasound HCA-1500. Get yourself a pair of Parasound Halo A21's and let the good times roll!:D

Carl

Carl,I need to sell this pair of speakers before I can buy a pair of Anything:D

But a pair of Halos would be nice...
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I think it's safe to say "Sale pending" here. :)
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Mike is a great guy to deal with:)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited October 2006
    Options
    fireshoes wrote:

You suck Bob!!!!

BTW when you get them. I'll bring the refreshments!;)
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • Mike Reeter
    edited October 2006
    Options
    fireshoes wrote:

YES,that would be safe to say,sale pending to fireshoes:D

I hope this comes about,I would like to see the SRS 2's stay in the family for sure.

Thanks,Bob
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited October 2006
    Options
    cmy330go wrote:
    You suck Bob!!!!

BTW when you get them. I'll bring the refreshments!;)

Pffft, bring the Parasound preamp! :)
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited October 2006
    Options
    fireshoes wrote:
    Pffft, bring the Parasound preamp! :)

That could also be arranged!
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,