FS: MIT Shotgun 8' S3 Bi-wire Speaker Cables

Options
SCompRacer
SCompRacer Posts: 8,357
edited October 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
MIT Shotgun S3 – Bi-Wire - Speaker Cables. 8 Feet (2.5 meter) long with ICONNS. Conservatively rated 9/10. *SOLD* shipped in CONUS.

Go here for everything you wanted to know about MIT cables.

I got these in late June 2006. They were “Look like they never been out of the box dealer demos” and I’ll bet they never were out of the box until I removed them.

ICONNS include 12 5/16" spades, 12 banana, 12 nuts, red and black insulator sleeves and four 3/8” spades for them manly amp posts. Original box, packing and paperwork included. Will ship double boxed.

I’ll try and get pics up later.
Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
Post edited by SCompRacer on

Comments

• polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Great price! I paid mine almost double what Rich is offering for, and to boot, Rich is a class "A" CP FMers.

Very detailed and revealing cable.

May I ask why, Rich?
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,377
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Don't ask why, just buy! :D

I'll take them. PM sent.
  • polkatese
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Good thing you get it, Emlyn! phooey, that was a close call! :)

Congrats! you'll like 'em, don't forget the review.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Ah, screw Rich

J/K:p Rich is my boy!!!
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • SCompRacer
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Sold.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Got that box made yet??
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,377
    edited October 2006
    Options
    polkatese wrote:
    Good thing you get it, Emlyn! phooey, that was a close call! :)

Congrats! you'll like 'em, don't forget the review.

I've got MIT S2's on the SDA-SRS and they work great with those. I tried the S2's on the JMlab speakers and the results were not good. The S3's I want to try on the bi-wirable Spendors and compare to the Audioquest CV6 DBS I'm using on them now, which seem to have a great synergy. I'm curious to see if the S3's do things better.
  • SCompRacer
    edited October 2006
    Options
    polkatese wrote:

May I ask why, Rich?

No doubt, they are a great cable. Reason for sale is primarily financial, bang for the buck.

The following is based on my experience with Innersound electrostatic speakers with active crossover. They have a transmission line woofer system with 10" Seas drivers. They reach deep, down to 22Hz. Using S3 IC's from the Active crossover to the bass amp reduces my bass output. I put my S1 IC's back in and the bass improves.

Same thing happens using the S3 speaker cables on the bass versus the Harmonic Tech Pro 9+ speaker cables. The Pro 9+ provide a deeper and more revealing bass. When I compared them on the panels, the Pro 9+'s and even the Pro 11+'s were more neutral in the mids while the S3's were warmer.

Based on MIT's chart, S1's have a lower articulation point. While I believe S1 speaker cables would improve the bass like the S1 IC's I have do, it would be a substantial investment to get a pair. So I stayed with Harmonic Tech Pro 9+ on the bass and their Pro 11+ on the panels.
  • SCompRacer
    edited October 2006
    Options
    ND13 wrote:
    Ah, screw Rich

J/K:p Rich is my boy!!

The box maker went on break. :D
  • polkatese
    edited October 2006
    Options
    gotcha! I have a dealer whom has been pushing Harmonic Tech, can't say I have even audition it before.
  • SCompRacer
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Harmonic Technology has great cables. There are some folks around here who have and like them. Then again, it is all about system synergy and subjectivity. What works well for one may not for another.

My good friend Normanality is the one that turned me on to Harmonic Tech. He has a pair of 9+'s and Silway MK III IC's. I may go with Silways and sell my MIT IC's. I need to demo them in my system again after all the changes I made to be sure.