New SDA's in the house

Options
Mike Reeter
Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
edited October 2006 in Vintage Speakers
Picked up our "new" 2.3 TL's yesterday and finally had a little time to spend with them this evening.

All I can say is;WOW,what a soundstage...I know I lack the gear that these beauties deserve,one day I hope to give them everything they need to be happy in their new home.

In the meantime,they're going to have to get by...I guess I can suffer through:D
Post edited by Mike Reeter on

Comments

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Congratulations on your new 2.3's Mike! Are you going to use spikes, a bass brace or neither to anchor the 2.3's?
    Carl

• Mike Reeter
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Carl,I do have the spikes,but don't have them installed...I'm going to play a little with placement(another area in our basement) before I get serious about anchoring them...for the moment,I'm just going to enjoy some of that "SDA goodness"

Thanks,Mike
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Happy listening! I have a pair and love them. Get the silk tweets to start your upgrade, you will be amazed! Crossover upgrades can come later. They are a little more tricky but well worth it. Search the threads, I did it as well as BMcG last December. I can give you some pointers when you get into it. Nice speakers! Enjoy!

Carl
    Carl

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited October 2006
    Options
    agreed.. get the silk tweeter replacement.. your ears will thank you. ha ha ha

Oh yeah. congrats..
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Congratulations Mike,,enjoy,,:D
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • Mike Reeter
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Thanks guys,I have the RDO tweeters in our SRS 2's at the moment...very "sweet" improvement...That will also be the first tweak I make on the 2.3's

Carl,I'm not much of a hand with a soldering gun..I might try to hire you to upgrade the crossovers for me this Winter:D