Polk Audio Banner Karma

2»

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited October 2006
    TroyD wrote:
    Mac does have a Polk/Momo banner.....

Yes I do thanks to Troy's generous karma a while back. And I have it proudly displayed in my ready room (a little Star Trek lingo there).

3yd6849.jpg

However, this one is very cool as it has the old school logo plus its smaller and the "autosound" written in is awesome.

I would put it on my windshield in the lanes. During judging, I have a cover over my windshield and windows to keep the judge isolated and I would put this banner over the windshield. The Momo banner is over 6' long and wont fit on the windshield while this one is an ideal size!

I dont want anybody to think Im trying to pull a fast one here. I put my name in the hat like everybody else plus I offered to buy it. :)

But just to show Im a sport, here is a picture of my cat, Missy!

30hlf74.jpg
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited October 2006
    If I had a Polk Audio Banner like that I would...... also request that you send it to mac, providing he agrees to the rules already provided.....
    More specifically, he has to be holding the cat.

And (this part will show us just how much he wants that banner) the picture has to show him kissing the cat !!

And no "You're my cousin" peck on the cheek. Nope, it has to be a full "I'm glad to meet you, Elle McPherson !" full-lipped smackerooo !!

Yes, I am evil - but a fun-loving evil.... :D

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited October 2006
    If I win the banner send it to mac, he can put it to better use then me.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    edited October 2006
    MacLeod wrote:
    But just to show Im a sport, here is a picture of my cat, Missy!
    30hlf74.jpg

:D:D:D

Well, if you don't win McLeod, it won't be because you're not a good sport with a good sense of humor.

That would be a good thing for the banner if you did win, though.

:)
    Sal Palooza
  • mrbigbluelight
    edited October 2006
    P.S, Tha cat's not dead, is it ?
    Sal Palooza
  • MacLeod
    edited October 2006
    LOL! Nah. She's just a ferocious beast and ready to pounce!
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • opus
    opus Posts: 1,252
    edited October 2006
    Screw this Macleod love fest. I rescind the earlier retraction of my name from the contest and if I win I will put it in my closet and never ever let Macleod have it.

:D
    The Flea rig
    Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
    Rotel RSP 1066 (pre) :)-flea market
    B&K St-202 (mains)-flea market
    Carver M 200t (x2) (center and surrounds)-flea market
    Blu-Ray..PS3 (dvd player)
    Polk RTA-11t-flea market
    LsiC, Fxi30's

Dual SVS PC-Utra's (1 port blocked) thanks MikeC78
    Behringer Feedback Destroyer
    -flea market
    AudioAlchemy DDE v1.0 DAC-flea market
    Cambridge Audio Azur 640 CDP-flea market
    Signal Cable and Kimber Kable
  • Greg Peters
    Greg Peters Posts: 605
    edited October 2006
    Especially since he didn't comply with the "french kiss the cat photo" stipulation.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,479
    edited October 2006
    I vote to break the rules for once and just let Aaron have it to represent, boldly, at his next sound off.

Anyone else agree??

I couldn’t do this even though your idea had both merit and support. However, it looks like I should have just sold it when I had the chance.

No matter how this looks, it was a fair drawing. All the folks who responded correctly went into the hat and dear wife drew the name. MacLeod is the winner. PM me your address and I’ll get this sent out.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited October 2006
    grats Macleod, ill take the hat tho
  • SCompRacer
    edited October 2006
    I can't have the Polk Audio banner because I only have 2 months and 6 days here at CP but I have 324 posts including this one. Well it's your ball so I have to play by your rules. . . next months maybe.

I have had many unrestricted Karmas. Due to this being kind of a neat Polk item, I imposed criteria which prevented new members from entering and winning it. However, after reviewing your posts and seeing what you bring here, I decided to give you something that may be neater than the banner. hearingimpared, PM me your address and the pictured item is yours.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited October 2006
    ^^ Wow, that's awesome! How many little 'gadgets' like that has Polk had their name stamped on?
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited October 2006
    it was rigged.. MacLeod won!!!

JK. it's cool. i don't think anyone will argue it's going to a deserving person.. keep on winning !!
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • SCompRacer
    edited October 2006
    danger boy wrote:
    it was rigged.. MacLeod won!!!

JK. it's cool. i don't think anyone will argue it's going to a deserving person.. keep on winning !!

LOL It was destiny.

I swear on my audio gear this is true. I copied and pasted the names of the entrants into a Word doc. I printed the list, cut the names out, folded them and dropped them in the hat. I had my wife draw a name and it was MacLeod. I threw the name tags away. Then I reviewed the list of entrants still on the screen and realized I missed copying and pasting one name. So I added that name to to the list, printed it, cut them out, folded them and dropped them into the hat. The wife drew again and picked MacLeod.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited October 2006
    ROFLMREO

Well, obviously no one else even had a CHANCE at this one!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • Greg Peters
    Greg Peters Posts: 605
    edited October 2006
    Is it too late to request a video of Mac french-kissing his cat? With the Polk banner in the background, of course?
  • MacLeod
    edited October 2006
    WOW! First I get to watch Tennessee spank Georgia, then I get a real good buzz going off some gin and now this!!!

A great ending to a great day!!

Thanks SComp! Ill be mailing out your check in.....er I mean Ill be PM'ing you shortly. ;)

It will go for a good cause. TN Finals looks to have 100 competitors + specators and world finals should be 150'ish + spectators so the Polk colors will be waving proudly across the windshield of my beloved Dodge Ram for all to see!

• SCompRacer
    edited October 2006
    Is it too late to request a video of Mac french-kissing his cat? With the Polk banner in the background, of course?

Not at all. It ain't sent yet.:D
  • MacLeod
    edited October 2006
    Y'all leave my cat out of this!!!

However, my wifes hot Peruto Rican friend is staying with us for a few days while she's in town......... :D

• SCompRacer
    edited October 2006
    MacLeod wrote:

It will go for a good cause.

I'd go buy a lotto ticket if I were you. We'll need to see a pics of that event!
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited October 2006
    MacLeod wrote:
    my wifes hot Peruto Rican friend is staying with us for a few days while she's in town......... :D

That oughta learn you how drinking is done properly. With the cat.
  • mrbigbluelight
    edited October 2006
    MacLeod wrote:
    Y'all leave my cat out of this!!!

However, my wifes hot Peruto Rican friend is staying with us for a few days while she's in town......... :D

I guess a picture of your wife's hot Puerto Rican friend kissing the cat would be an adequate substitute.

Maybe we ought to get John Strong's camera involved with this. And Demiurge in the capacity of artistic director.
    Sal Palooza
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited October 2006
    SCompRacer wrote:
    I have had many unrestricted Karmas. Due to this being kind of a neat Polk item, I imposed criteria which prevented new members from entering and winning it. However, after reviewing your posts and seeing what you bring here, I decided to give you something that may be neater than the banner. hearingimpared, PM me your address and the pictured item is yours.

Received it today, thanks Rich. . . it's really heavy for its size, like a really good class a amp.

Thanks again,
    Joe:)
  • SCompRacer
    edited October 2006
    Received it today, thanks Rich. . . it's really heavy for its size, like a really good class a amp.

Thanks again,
    Joe:)

And perfect lettering too! ;) Your most welcome. It has a good home now. All it needs is a lit display case.:D
  • MacLeod
    edited October 2006
    Just wanted to prove I am using it to show our colors!

This was taken at Teneesee State Finals yesterday with about 60 competitors and about 40 spectators so it was well seen!

2qwo189.jpg

• disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited October 2006
    Nice, show your true colors.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23