New system setup/tuning

cdougher
cdougher Posts: 2
edited September 2006 in Car Audio & Electronics
I've been out of car audio for many years but I am installing a new system in a Silverado Ext. cab and I was looking for pointers in set up and tuning the system.

The head unit is a Pioneer DEH-P77DH into a C400.4 powering a set of MMC6500s for the front doors and MMC460s for the rear doors, bass is provided by a C500.1 driving two MM2104 10" in Q-Logic Q custom boxes/amp rack under the rear seat. Power is fed through a 1.2F cap and I'm adding FatMat to the entire interior.

Anyone got any pointers for setup?
How about a good install location for the C400.4? (the C500.1 will occupy the amp rack)
Post edited by cdougher on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited September 2006
    sounds like youve got a good set up to me. You can mount the 4004 on the back wall
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Greg Peters
    Greg Peters Posts: 605
    edited September 2006
    For tuning, grab a SQ type CD and have at it. A typical mp3 CD will probably cause much frustration when setting up the system.

The crossovers on the MMC6500s have different attenuation settings for the tweeter levels. Some find them too bright turned all the way up, but I think you've got three levels to choose from to suit your ears.

If you want to use all channels of your 400.4 to run the Momo 6 1/2s bi-amped, you have the option of leaving out the supplied passive crossovers and using the one built into the amp (specifically designed for that set of speakers). You may want to do this if you can't balance the tweeter output to your liking with the settings on the passives alone.

Nice equipment- should sound great when you get it set to your liking.
  • cdougher
    cdougher Posts: 2
    edited September 2006
    Thanks for the info on the mounting location, I wasn't sure if there was room behind the seat on the back wall.
    My second concern is will there be enough air space to keep the amp cool?

Also thanks for the post giving me a heads up on the tweeter attenuation. I hope to get the equipment installed in the next week or two if my schedule allows.