IASCA finals

MacLeod
MacLeod Posts: 14,358
edited September 2006 in Car Audio & Electronics
Well IASCA held their World Finals last weekend. Know who won? Nobody knows because, as usual, there is so much controversy that IASCA is not posting "official" placements yet until they get a lot of the issues resolved.

Some that I have heard about were a big **** generator for the IASCA trailer being parked 6' away from the SQ lanes AND being ran while some of them were being judged - even thought the trailer was INSIDE and air conditioned arena!

Also, some judges were members of a certain team and still judging their teamates, some judges were helping tune some cars and then judging them!

Some guys were competing in Ultra Super Master Genius classes all year and then for finals decide to jump in the lowly rookie classes for the easy win.

I do know that Gary Biggs won his 7th (!!) IASCA World Championship! Thats just phenomenal!!

And there maybe a total tear down of his Regal in an upcoming CA&E issue!! That would be awesome!! To finally see how he's got his system setup!

I dont know whats up with IASCA. Every year their finals are plagued by stupid things like this. I dont know why they cant get it together.
polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
Post edited by MacLeod on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited September 2006
    USACi isnt any different. There was a big controversy over American Bass amplifiers a couple months ago. USACi all goes by 4 ohm amplifier ratings. American Bass sent in a buch of their amps to get tested at USACi. They were given the same manufacture rating but they sent them amps that had internal potentiometers turned all the way down...so they got sent to the unlimited class...lol.

I dont understand why everyone tries to cheat or blame something when their equipment isnt up to par...rediculous....
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • MacLeod
    edited September 2006
    I think MECA has the best classification. Im not sure the exact formula but they go by fuse ratings and your total cone area. I think this is the best way and just about impossible to cheat with.
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited September 2006
    And the worst thing about it... 25 people in the world actually care about what goes on with IASCA. Seems like it just keeps going downhill... from their own finals, to a joint finals (GREAT!), then... rolling it in with NOPI??
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • MacLeod
    edited September 2006
    I think they did the Nopi thing so they could tell their corporate sponsors "hey, you want to sponsor us and buy booths at finals. We had 100,000 people at finals last year!"

From what I hear tho, attendance was up. Something like 200 entries in SQ alone which is pretty impressive.

A few of us are pushing for IASCA to do more joint stuff with MECA since IASCA is still the top dawg and MECA is the fastest growing, I think it would do a lot to increase participation in SQ competition.

Buwalda is going to be hosting a couple IASCA shows in the Atlanta area next year and hopefully he goes in with MECA on those.

There still seems to be a lot of interest in making SQ grow again. Im optimisitic it will get better.