How about a new pair of B&W 805's for $80.00 shipped?

Options
Danny Tse
Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
edited March 2008 in Speakers
OK, they're not B&W 805's....made you look! :p

But I'd think most of you have heard the hype about the Best Buy/Insignia bookshelf speakers. That speaker was originally commissioned by Radiient Technologies and RT is now, for 3 days, selling its Radiient Technologies Europa for $80.00/pair shipped. Looks like the Europa is the same speaker as the Insignia, except it has an additional dedicated tweeter besides the coax driver.

Here's the detail.

media.nl?id=15&c=562570&h=7e17925f2a3b0f10b910

Here's the real deal, the B&W 805....

TAD-803PIC1.jpg

I am in no way connected to Radiient Technologies or Best Buy. Just want to pass along a good deal.
Post edited by Danny Tse on

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,913
    edited September 2006
    Options
    That sure doesn't look like the 805.What that picture is exactly is the Tad 803
    in cherry which I just picked up.Too bad I only use them for surround duty,the amp section in my B&K was feeling lonely.Must say,I paid 113.00
    bucks and you can not ask for more at this price.Nice looking,nice sounding.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited September 2006
    Options
    That stuff is ALL OVER shows like CES. The fit and finish of alot of them is amazing but sonically they are not cool. Don't waste your money.

Russman and I almost signed a multi-million dollar deal before we realized the chicks from the booth(waved over by the captain of the local booth) were on us because we had "Buyer" badges....then again, look at us....but it was a very cool moment. We thought at any moment we would have a knock on our hotel door...but alas, it was just room service with more towels.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited September 2006
    Options
    more towels? hmm....;)

so, the real McCoy, how does it sounds?
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2006
    Options
    That is SO not a Bowers and Wilkins 805, straight grey market China - they love to be copy cats, even if it's painfully obvious.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Danny Tse
    edited September 2006
    Options
    Sorry about the pic of the fake 805.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2006
    Options
    No need to apologize Danny, it just wasn't even close - the tweeter angled down, the cab too small, the front bezel missing, the phase plug is WAY too small (smaller voice coil on the woofer).

You'd be suprised, they (grey market China) sell 1/4th scale B&W Nautilus, it looks like a mock up of the real thing, so tiny, so ewwwww. So fake. I'll bag a pair for $50 next year for fun.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Danny Tse
    edited September 2006
    Options
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    You'd be suprised, they (grey market China) sell 1/4th scale B&W Nautilus, it looks like a mock up of the real thing, so tiny, so ewwwww. So fake. I'll bag a pair for $50 next year for fun.

No surprise there, Russ. I've seen fake everything over in China. Fake JBL's, fake Mac amps, etc.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,913
    edited September 2006
    Options
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    No need to apologize Danny, it just wasn't even close - the tweeter angled down, the cab too small, the front bezel missing, the phase plug is WAY too small (smaller voice coil on the woofer).

Cheers,
    Russ
    Thats why I picked up a pair...for fun,not serious listening.We will see after they break in,but they are related to cheap **** surround duty.Sure miss my
    fx1000;s in that regard.BTW-they are not tiny...11.5 in. tall 10 in wide
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • gforce
    gforce Posts: 1
    edited March 2008
    Options
    This is a better clone of B&W 805....see attachment
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited March 2008
    Options
    What do you mean fake? I just bought a pair from a really nice guy in a white van last week...they were leftover from a large install and....:eek:
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited March 2008
    Options
    venomclan wrote: »
    What do you mean fake? I just bought a pair from a really nice guy in a white van last week...they were leftover from a large install and....:eek:
    Ahhhh you were the sucka...er umm nice guy that bought those from me.Thanks for the coin dude.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • venomclan
    edited March 2008
    Options
    GV#27 wrote: »
    Ahhhh you were the sucka...er umm nice guy that bought those from me.Thanks for the coin dude.

Glad to help. Besides, they were marked bills I had to get rid of fast...no hard feelings. :)
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited March 2008
    Options
    venomclan wrote: »
    ...no hard feelings. :)
    Nope none at all;) oh by the way did I mention the shorted voice coils on the woofers?
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • venomclan
    edited March 2008
    Options
    GV#27 wrote: »
    Nope none at all;) oh by the way did I mention the shorted voice coils on the woofers?

Thats ok, I never did fire them up, I flipped them to some Canadian guy...:)