Matt Damon explodes on Jimmy Kimmel Live: staged or real?

aaharvel
aaharvel Posts: 4,489
edited February 2008 in The Clubhouse
I haven't seen anyone get that red that quick in a long time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlomSVQ0M-A
H/K Signature 2.1+235
Jungson MagicBoat II
Revel Performa M-20
Velodyne cht-10 sub
Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
Post edited by aaharvel on

Comments

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited September 2006
    I can't get the sound... what was the gist of it?
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited September 2006
    I'd say since the show is pre recorded there is no doubt that it was staged. Otherwise they would have cut it out rather than just beeped it out for effect.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited September 2006
    of course it was staged, it would be even better if it was on HBO, then no bleeping needed.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited September 2006
    Damon came on to play the joke out because of the history.

Staged.....
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2006
    Matt Damon is the f**king man!!! Of course it was staged.

I understand how one could think its for real tho because Matt is such a phenomenal actor that he could easily pull it off to where you couldnt tell if he was full of **** or not.

Im a big fan of his and this raises his stock in my opinion. To not have the typical Hollywood ego so that he would do a gag like this which makes him look like a raving lunatic is very cool.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited September 2006
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited September 2006
    Staged, but brilliant !
    Sal Palooza
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited September 2006
    cmy330go wrote:
    I'd say since the show is pre recorded there is no doubt that it was staged. Otherwise they would have cut it out rather than just beeped it out for effect.

Jimmy Kimmel LIVE. The show is NOT pre-recorded, just on a delay.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited September 2006
    Jimmy forgot his wonderful performance in his hit movie "team america: world police". He just spoke his two words so well, I'm surprised Matt didn't get more recognicion for that movie!
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited September 2006
    Kimmel comes on at 12:30 here in Chicago. I think the only people they're live for is the audience......
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • bobman1235
    edited September 2006
    It's broadcast from California, and comes on at a little after 12 eastern, so 9 pacific. It's big claim to fame is that it is actually broadcast live. Like, Saturday Night Live, LIVE. Go to their website and try to get tickets, you'll see that they expect you to get there around 6:30PM.... which would be just enough time to get everyone seated and do introductions and whatnot before a broadcast at.... 9PM.

I know Chicago is Central time, so it seems it's delayed in your market for whatever reason - I assume your local ABC just has something with better ratings to show during the 11 o'clock time slot - but for most of the country it's live.
  • Polkapops
    Polkapops Posts: 267
    edited September 2006
    Dunno 'bout that -
    Every night it comes on at midnight here in W Mich,
    at the bottom of the screen it says something to the
    effect of 'previously recorded'.......
    No biggie though - doesn't really matter one way or the other.......
    HT & Music System:
    Receiver - Denon AVR-3805
    DVD/SACD Player - Denon DVD-2900
    Outlaw 770 amp
    Polk LSi 15's up front
    Polk LSiC center
    Polk LSi F/X surrounds
    SVS 16-46 PC+ Subwoofer
    Sony Wega KDF-50WE655
  • bobman1235
    edited September 2006
    Bill Simmons, who is a good personal friend of Jimmy Kimmel and worked on his show for a while, just said the following on his live chat on ESPN :
    Eric (New York, NY): Please tell us what really happened with Matt Damon on the Jimmy Kimmel show.

SportsNation Bill Simmons: (1:55 PM ET ) Jimmy will get mad at me for this, but screw it - Damon was supposed to be the last act of the show, and they screwed up the time and only gave him like 45 seconds, he didn't even get a chance to show a clip from his movie. So Damon totally flipped out, it was like the scene from Good Will Hunting when he flips out on the math professor. I can't believe nobody made a bigger deal about it. Everyone thought it was a setup but it actually happened, Jimmy was pretty shaken afterwards.

Granted he coudl be lying too, to get press for his friend's TV show, but... seems like it was legit.

EDIT : Gah! Two posts later (taht's what I get for jumping the gun) :
    I was kidding about the Matt Damon thing before, that was really a joke.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited February 2008
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4KUowJzpgxs&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4KUowJzpgxs&rel=1&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,489
    edited February 2008
    haha curious as to what your search was for. Great find.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited February 2008
    Good God he looks like my brother with a haircut... WTH....
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • bdaley6509
    bdaley6509 Posts: 1,167
    edited February 2008
    That was great.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited February 2008
    aaharvel wrote: »
    haha curious as to what your search was for. Great find.

I remembered that this thread existed. In fact I actually thought I posted in here something to the effect of "JHC, this is obviously not real." Guess that was something else... :D