Where do i start...

2000AccordSE
2000AccordSE Posts: 34
edited September 2006 in Car Audio & Electronics
well im new to car audio. i just got really intersted being at the NOPI Nats. today. ive been thinking about upping my system but now i really want too. so if i want something that will really kick im my sedan what should i go with. Im probally going with polk cause 1 i hear there awesome, and 2 they r... i heard alot of them at nopi and man they push some air. so what shuold i go with, what will it cost, and wht kinda amp shuld i get? or more than 1 amp?
i can build my own bow, and im thinking of mabey 2x 12's? sound good? i have no idea how amps work or what i need to look for to match them with subs, 1 for each sub or what? lemme know

also, reular speakers.... i think i got 4 in the car, i dunno but they sound like crap, what should i look for in new ones, and what kinda price.
and for ne1 who helps me out, tks alot
Post edited by 2000AccordSE on

Comments

• brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited September 2006
    We can't set your price......that's something you need to tell us so we can suggest what will fit within that price range.

Are you budgeting for a new deck? Just want to add a sub (bad idea)? New speakers? Everything? Maybe just deck and speakers for now then sub later?

You have to budget an additional couple of hundred when you talk about adding an amp to the mix for the wiring kit and all subsequent audio cables.

I don't know about the SE, but do you not have tweets in the dash up near the windshield? I have a 2001 Accord EX and mine has the rear deck, front doors, and then 2 in the dash as well, but the might not have upped the system in the SE's........

Let us know first and foremost what your budget is. You can 'want' everything but if you don't have the coin it's not gonna happen..........start there then we can help.
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • 2000AccordSE
    edited September 2006
    well i was looking at the polk momos 12 inch 2124s and the price seems good for them, 2 for 99 each at one site. but i dunno how much an amp is cause i dunno what to look for in them. i dont wanna spend too much more than 600. im only 17 but im making around 150 a week so i can afford some. im not sure if it has the tweeters in the dash, i know it has a little vent spot thing but im not going outside at 1:00 to check right now. how much would an amp be to run 2 of the polk momos, 2124 i think. and what is dvc? there are like 2 that r the same price but 1 is dvc. im looking for subs and speakers. but i am more concerned with subs cause u know, gotta show off some times. but id like to stay under 600 if possible and im fairly sure ill go with the momos unless theres something bad about them? ill get back to u on the speaker when i get home from work tomorrow. but man i dunno if ne of yall went to the nationals but there was this one truck with 4 amps and 4 subs all in the cab with the pipe running the air to the cab, man that thing pushed like crazy! i mean my hair was shaking just walking by.
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited September 2006
    You can't 'show off' by just adding an amp/sub to a stock system. You can be heard and feel it, but I don't think it's the way to go IMO.......
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • 2000AccordSE
    edited September 2006
    im not just wanting to add a sub and amp, i want speakers too, i want a better sound but also a fairly loud bass/
  • 2000AccordSE
    edited September 2006
    and what is dvc? and if i go with 2 12' momos the 2124, should i get dvc or the non dvc, and what amp. and what r some good but not so expensive speakers?