First post! - need tech advise on enclosures

y2kylwc5
y2kylwc5 Posts: 5
edited February 2004 in Custom Fabrication
Thanks to the wonderful customer service at Polk I just purchased two of the new mm104 subs. They should arrive late July. My question is are the space requirements for the new sub the same as the previous mm100?

My plans are to place these subs into my 2001 Z06 Corvette. I would like to angle these so that one fires at the driver and the other at the passenger. This would obviouly require custom made boxes. The boxes would have to be in a triangular shape. How do you get the internal volume with only three sides? My thought was to measure as if there were four sides and divide by 2. Is this correct or is there another formula?

Any help would be beneficial. Thanks and Hello to all members! :)
Post edited by y2kylwc5 on

Comments

• Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited June 2002
    Yes, they work in the same boxes (.66 cu. ft.).

Where exactly are you planning on putting the woofers? Right behind the seats, or a little further back in the well? It's a coupe, not a convertible, right?
  • y2kylwc5
    y2kylwc5 Posts: 5
    edited June 2002
    I am planning to set them in the far right and left corners. As for the body, the Z06 only comes in a hardtop. :(
  • 91'MOMOGTi
    91'MOMOGTi Posts: 8
    edited January 2004
    shouldnt be that hard, measure the internal edges, and multiply l*w*h as if it were a cube as you said, then divide by 2. its simple geometry...
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited February 2004
    hey uhhh..... MOMOGTI, you do realize that he had this question almost 2 years ago right??? i'm pretty sure it's installed by now....
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.