02 Jeep Grand Cherokee tweeters

Beekyman
Beekyman Posts: 150
edited September 2006 in Car Audio & Electronics
Alright folks dont shoot me just yet but my 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee has the INFINTI factory system in it and for all intense purposes I am happy with the factory setup and I dont wish to go crazy and greatly customize or completely replace the existing equipment. My issue lies with the 2.5" tweets that are in the dash panel and they are notorious for failing. I've already replaced one last month and now the other one has failed. Research on the web has revealed that there was an oversight in that there is no inline crossover capacitor that was designed into the system and this allows lower frequency signals to enter the tweeter thereby causing premature failure.
There is an outfit that offers a solution www.12Positive.com but I think the INFINTI tweeter sounds just fine and all I want to do is protect it with a capacitor that will do the job nicely. If there is a better drop in replacement I would be happy with that as well. Any of you Polkies out there have any solutions for me? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)
2 Channel Rig
Source 1 - Apple TV
Source 2 - Parasound D3 Universal Player
Source 3 - Parasound Tuner T3
Pre-amp - Parasound HALO P3
Amplifier - Parasound HALO A21
Speakers - Martin Logan Vista
Power Conditioning - Panamax M5100-EX
Post edited by Beekyman on

Comments