Damaged speaker - monitor 10 - what to do?

Options
kenric
kenric Posts: 2
edited September 2006 in Vintage Speakers
I have a pair of polk audio monitor 10's (serial number on back is 10 79032). Unfortunately our movers dropped one of them and I have lost the midrange and the bass on it. The mover said something to the effect of "get the parts at radio shack and will pay you back". Is there any possibility for a replacement or repair? thanks...
Post edited by kenric on

Comments

• kenric
    kenric Posts: 2
    edited August 2006
    Options
    WOW! barely finished typing in my question and I got a call from Polk Audio and then the following email:

Thanks for contacting us. The replacement 6.5" driver for your Polk Audio Monitor 10 speaker would sell for $60.00 for each driver, plus your local sales tax and shipping. From your description you indicated that both of the 6.5" drivers would need to be replaced. The total shipping for both drivers would be $7.00. In order to determine which specific driver you have you would need to remove it from the cabinet and look for a part number on the rear of the driver. It will say, MW6502 or MW6500, for example. Once you know the specific driver you may telephone us at 1-800-377-7655 to place an order.

Regards, Ken, Polk Audio

Customer Service is still alive and well in this country! Very impressed.

PS I did call Polk Audio before they called me!
  • okiepolkie
    okiepolkie Posts: 2,258
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Polk's customer service is just one reason this forum/community is what it is.

Get them fixed and enjoy them again.
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Polk CS is second to none.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,085
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I was gonna suggest contacting Polk but I move way too slow.
    They (still) are quite good!
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited August 2006
    Options
    kenric,

make sure you give that total bill to the movers.... they should pay for the parts and shipping of the drivers.

Oh yeah, welcome to Club Polk. :)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • rodman_sda
    rodman_sda Posts: 32
    edited September 2006
    Options
    if the cabinet is damaged, no. Polk still offers replacement drivers, some of them are even better.