Cardas Stuff

Options
jhermance
jhermance Posts: 214
edited August 2006 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
I am looking to find a place online that sells cardas binding posts, wire solder, and flux. I would like to try to build a set of speakers. If you guys know of anything off of the top of your head i would be greatful.
Samsung UN46C7000
Cambridge Audio 640R
Sony BDP-S570
Magnepan MMG's
Totem Dreamcatcher Center
Eleganza™ Bella 1200 High Performance Subwoofer
Polk R15 Surrounds
Audioquest Cables
Panamax 5510-PRO AC Regenerator
Monster Cable HTS 2500 MKII power cleaner
Nordost Blue Heaven Interconnects
Post edited by jhermance on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,851
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I am looking to find a place online that sells cardas iig osts wire solder, and flux.

In english, please.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Normanality
    Normanality Posts: 297
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Go to http://www.diycable.com and then a search on Cardas.

He has it all. Nice guy to deal with.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited August 2006
    Options
    You could try Welborne Labs. They carry that type of thing. If you order wire, they will cut, strip it and tin the ends for $1 a piece. Just tell them what length you want.

If you work with Cardas wire, you will find this to be ALOT easier that doing it yourself. Just ask Jesse.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Yeah, what Anthony said.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • F1nut
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Also try http://www.soniccraft.com/

You don't need flux, Cardas solder is rosin core.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• jhermance
    jhermance Posts: 214
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Thanks for the help guys greatly appreciated.
    Samsung UN46C7000
    Cambridge Audio 640R
    Sony BDP-S570
    Magnepan MMG's
    Totem Dreamcatcher Center
    Eleganza™ Bella 1200 High Performance Subwoofer
    Polk R15 Surrounds
    Audioquest Cables
    Panamax 5510-PRO AC Regenerator
    Monster Cable HTS 2500 MKII power cleaner
    Nordost Blue Heaven Interconnects
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Cardas is overpriced and Rhodium is overrated. The oxidation % of Gold vs Rhodium is moot, since most of us won't live to see it.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • F1nut
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Cardas is overpriced and Rhodium is overrated.

It's still better than that wimpy Vampire stuff.:D

President of Club Polk

• dorokusai
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I will hunt you down and take you to lunch old man.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Take his **** to Chaps Pitbeef!:D
    No excuses!
  • F1nut
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Yummy, I love food and I really love pit beef. John, I found a new place in Odenton that puts Chaps to shame. I swear that beef just melted in my mouth, didn't even have to chew it.

President of Club Polk

• Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited August 2006
    Options
    F1nut wrote:
    Yummy, I love food and I really love pit beef. John, I found a new place in Odenton that puts Chaps to shame. I swear that beef just melted in my mouth, didn't even have to chew it.

Dems be bold fightin words son!!! Well, don't keep me in suspense, what is this place?
    No excuses!
  • F1nut
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I didn't get the name, but it's on Rt.170 next to a 7-11 just off of Rt.32.

President of Club Polk

• dorokusai
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I think it's called Soylent Green.