I've taken the leap w/SR6500 !!

Tn_Audiophile
Tn_Audiophile Posts: 3
edited August 2006 in Car Audio & Electronics
OK guys, I have a set of SR6500's on the way to put into my 2005 Mustang.

Now I need your advise:

1. The Mustang's doors have 0.40ft3 enclosures in each door. Will the Polk Midbass react well to this size enclosure ?

2. Where is the best place to mount the tweeter ? I am currently considering the Coaxial mount...

I'm sure I will come up with some more questions but I'll just start with these...

THANKS !

J
Ford OEM Shaker 500 CD6 / ARC Audio 5150xxk / Polk Audio Signature Reference 6500
Post edited by Tn_Audiophile on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited August 2006
    1. youll be fine with that

2. theres no one great place to put your tweeters. Your best bet is to sit down in your car with a good CD and move your tweeters around until you find what sounds best to you.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited August 2006
    That might be a bit small, depends on your idea of good midbass is. They'll play much lower with more area behind them, is there any way to modify the enclosures? Cut a small section out or drill some holes in it? Is it a factory plastic box?

You could mount the tweeters coax which is nice and easy, or if you're up for some work try a few different locations like Cody said. Many people like tweeters on the a- pillars firing at each other or slightly back. Try it with some velcro, or even tape to see if that's for you. If you have the time...
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited August 2006
    Im a fan of the A pillar route. Brings the stage up nice and high and adds width to it as well.

Still, if youre wanting a simple "drop in" installation for ease of removal later on (like if your car is leased) then the coaxial way is best.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D