Jbl Pb10 & Pb12

Options
Has anyone heard or would anyone recomend JBL's PB 10 or PB12. It got some good reviews on CNET but I figured I should ask you guy's first.

Really, Im just trying to find the best sub for under $350. Any help or advice would be welcomed.:cool:
Onkyo TX DS-595
Front: R50's
Center:N/A (CSI 20 Soon)
Surround:N/A (R20's Soon)
Sub:N/A (Not Sure)
X-Box
Panasonic 20" (Sony 32" HDTV Soon!)
Sanyo DVD
Post edited by sgtnate79 on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited June 2002
    Options
    Forget the JBL, ponder this:

10" Titanic Kit

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited June 2002
    Options
    A buddy of mine has a JBL 12 incher from a couple years back...not sure what the model is but I'm not terribly impressed. Very one note, boomy.....

Best sub under 350? IMO, find a Paradigm dealer and seek out a PDR-10 or PDR-12. I have a PDR-10 and like it very much.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • mhw58
    mhw58 Posts: 359
    edited July 2002
    Options
    How would the Polk PSW450 compare with them? Circuit
    City is selling the 450 for $349.
    Mike
    Fronts: SDA1C's
    Rears: SDA2's
    Center:CS400i
    Sub: PSW505
  • burdette
    burdette Posts: 1,194
    edited July 2002
    Options
    Sound & Vision did a test of a JBL satellite and sub combo last year sometime.. shoot, maybe even two years ago. I believe it was the same 12" sub that you could buy separately. That sub, at that time, got a very good review. It isn't listed in their archives, but I don't know how far they go back.

If you're interested in a JBL sub, check out the Harmanaudio.com site. You can get remanufactured subs for a fraction of the original cost.. if you want JBL, and if you're OK with remanufactured...

PSW-D112-Z is $152.
    PSW-D115-Z is $177. I assume you pay shipping.

Just an FYI.
  • dlew308
    dlew308 Posts: 530
    edited July 2002
    Options
    for under $350 build your own 12" Titanic MK2 sonotube :)