Snakes on a plane, Samuel L. Jackson call

AndyGwis
AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
edited February 2007 in The Clubhouse
Hey Guys,

You can go online and customize a call from Samuel L. Jackson to anyone you wish via phone or email. It's pretty funny. They get a generic call about snakes on a plane with some customized info you fill out online.

If you're bored at work or have nothing else to do, try it out. No affiliation. Enjoy!

http://snakesonaplane.varitalk.com/
Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
Post edited by AndyGwis on

Comments

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited August 2006
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited August 2006
    " We Have Snakes On The Plane " Lol Samuel L , Come On Now,
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited August 2006
    Not to de-rail this thread.....

But, am I the only person that thinks this will be one of the dumbest movies of the year if not the decade. Hopefully it's not a sign that Samuel L.'s career is going down the tubes, because he's one of my favorite modern-day actors and I'd hate to see him go out doing b-flicks or worse.

Maybe the movie will be better than the title suggests, maybe.....
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited August 2006
    My wife told me the other day, it supposed to be so bad that they arent even running previews before movies for this one, .. dont know what source she had found that on
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited August 2006
    They were going to change the title, and Samuel said he would quit the project if they didn't keep it "Snakes on a plane."
  • Skynut
    Skynut Posts: 2,967
    edited August 2006
    The previews look stupid.
    I think this one is going to bomb.

Another disconnected Hollywood flic.

If you hype it they will come.

Edit: I will have to try the link later when I have more time.
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Panamax 5510 power conditioner (for electronics)
    2 PSAudio UPC-200 power conditioners (for amps)
    Front L/R RT3000p (Bi-Wired)
    Center CS1000p (Bi-Wired) (under the television)
    Center RT2000p's (Bi-Wired) (on each side of the television)
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

www.ShadetreesMachineShop.com
    Thanks for looking
  • lomic
    lomic Posts: 407
    edited August 2006
    No, you're right. This movie is so dumb it proceeds through all scales of crap known to man, twice, and in doing so finds itself back on top as one of the greatest movies of all time - plus the title is just icing on the cake.

The genius is having a seasoned actor such as Mr. Jackson in such an apparently horrible film. Not only in a starring role, but as well he is actively promoting the movie more than an actor normally would.

Its popularity is so great that J.K.Rowling is considering a Harry Potter spinoff book series "Snape's on a Plane"
    Dodd Audio ELP [ Tubes ] // Harman Kardon AVR330 // Parasound HCA-1203A // Denon DVD-2900
    Polk Audio LSi9, LSiC, LSi 7 // HSU STF-2 // Signal Cable Interconnects (SG BW/A2/MP)
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited August 2006
    This snakes on a plane "facts" from movies.com says it all:D

"SNAKES ON A PLANE FACTS

An assassin lets a bunch of poisonous snakes loose on a passenger plane in an attempt to kill a witness being shepherded to Los Angeles from Hawaii by an FBI agent (Samuel L. Jackson)."

I think more people will see this just so they can say they saw the worst movie of all time then to see a good flick. I think samuel L. Jackson's career has really gone down hill since he was in star wars. just my opinion.
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited August 2006
    I think Samuel L. Jackson will take ANY role that pays his asking price. Not even sure this guy bothers reading the scripts anymore. . . probably why he has done something like 100 movies.

The link is funny, but I'm not paying money to see that movie. It's definitely creating quite a buzz, though. I bet it makes money even though it's probably one of the worst things that will have come out of Hollywood in a while. . . and that's saying something.

Wait, all hype and no substance; sounds like some audio companies I know of.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited August 2006
    Pretty funny link. My friend called and said he just got an interesting phone call.
  • millerman 3732
    millerman 3732 Posts: 1,488
    edited August 2006
    I did this to my wife this moring, she call me back a little later and said '' some man just called screaming at me and told me to quit painting my finger nails and get in my tin can car and carry you to some movie Aug 18, do you know anything about it? I told her no.
    Casey
    H/T: Epson 6500ub
    Sony UBP-X800
    Toshiba HD-XA2 (HD-DVD, CD)
    Onkyo 805 (pre-amp)
    Outlaw 7125
    Polk RTi 10 (bi-amped)
    Polk CSi5 (bi-amped)
    Polk RTi6
    SVS PB 12 plus/2
    Velodyne SMS-1

TV Rig: Samsung 50'' 4k display
    Polk Signa-1 Surround bar
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited August 2006
    OH MY ****! This is hilarious.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited August 2006
    My son was swimming over at a friend's and put it on speakerphone for all his buddies to hear and then called me back and wanted to know how I knew Samuel L. Jackson..........funny stuff.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited August 2006
    This might not be that bad. Looks to me from the trailer I saw at Superman that they know this is a dumb idea and theyre just having fun with it....at least I hope so.

Either way, Im a big fan of the Bad Muthafukka and Ill probably wind up seeing this at least on DVD.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • noimposse
    noimposse Posts: 264
    edited August 2006
    OH MY DEAR LORD!

This has to be the greatest thing ever. Ive sent this to almost everyone I know...and gotten calls back from friends laughing so hard they were crying.
    Ghetto Rig
    Power: HK AVR245.
    Screen: LG 24" 1080p.
    Speaks: Rti4.
    Source: PC. PS3. Xbox360.
    Cables: BlueJeans. Monoprice.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited August 2006
    I think it's just plain funny.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited August 2006
    Love it

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Skynut
    Skynut Posts: 2,967
    edited August 2006
    :mad: It can't say my name or any of my nicknames.:mad:

Still pretty funny.

Maybe this movie is like the airplane flicks?
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Panamax 5510 power conditioner (for electronics)
    2 PSAudio UPC-200 power conditioners (for amps)
    Front L/R RT3000p (Bi-Wired)
    Center CS1000p (Bi-Wired) (under the television)
    Center RT2000p's (Bi-Wired) (on each side of the television)
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

www.ShadetreesMachineShop.com
    Thanks for looking
  • Schris22
    Schris22 Posts: 983
    edited August 2006
    this is pretty funny just send out a few.

Chris
    Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR502-S
    DVD Player: Pioneer DV-578A-S
    Left and Right: R50
    Center: CS1
    Rear Center: R15
    Surrounds: R30
    Subwoofer: 10'' Dayton 100 Watt
  • Drumingman
    Drumingman Posts: 348
    edited August 2006
    AndyGwis wrote:
    I think Samuel L. Jackson will take ANY role that pays his asking price. Not even sure this guy bothers reading the scripts anymore. . . probably why he has done something like 100 movies.

The link is funny, but I'm not paying money to see that movie. It's definitely creating quite a buzz, though. I bet it makes money even though it's probably one of the worst things that will have come out of Hollywood in a while. . . and that's saying something.

Wait, all hype and no substance; sounds like some audio companies I know of.

You are right and for this reason he's rumoured to be one the the richest men in hollywood. I'll take that job too.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited August 2006
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/snakes_on_a_plane/?critic=columns

Looks like reviews are favorable so far....

Odd since they elected to not prescreen it for critics (which is generally the kiss of death...)

Best movie title since Eight Legged Freaks btw
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited September 2006
    what happen?.. suddenly this movie isn't playing at the local megaplex anymore. dang it.. i missed it. :rolleyes: :p

it'll prob be out on video within about 30 days or so. :eek:
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited January 2007
    Saw this movie last night.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but the movie was actually pretty good. I was thoroughly entertained. Sure, it's a little stupid, but if you don't take it seriously, it's pretty decent. The storyline was much better than I expected. It had more than enough comedy and action to keep my attention.

It's a fun movie. Check it out.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited January 2007
    Early B. wrote:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but the movie was actually pretty good. I was thoroughly entertained. Sure, it's a little stupid, but if you don't take it seriously, it's pretty decent. The storyline was much better than I expected. It had more than enough comedy and action to keep my attention.

I didnt think id ever see this movie because of i had the same expectations it seems like you did. I might rent it now.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • landry_p2000
    landry_p2000 Posts: 1,313
    edited January 2007
    Early B. wrote:

I enjoyed it as well. Not as bad as I thought. It was fun and made us jump. If you are afraid of snakes, don't watch it.:eek:
    Main Set-up: 55" 120 hz Samsung LN55B650, Onkyo TX-SR806, Emotiva XPA-5, Emotiva XPA-2, PS3 Slim, Sony BDP-S560, Apple TV (160g), Panamax M5300-PM, Polk Audio CSi5, RTi10's, FXi3's, RTi4's, and SVS PB12 Plus

Bedroom: Panasonic 50" S2 Plasma and Panasonic BD65 blu-ray player, Onkyo TX-SR707, Emotiva XPA-3, Emotiva UPA-2, KEF IQ7's, IQc, IQ8Ds, and SVS PB10-ISD
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited January 2007
    Got it in the mail today; will watch it tonight.......one of those few DTS DVD's

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Maurice
    Maurice Posts: 517
    edited January 2007
    Picked it up and watched it last nite, not a bad movie. Lots of action and as stated above, if you're scared of snakes dont even think about watching this one.:eek:
    Everytime I think I'm out, THEY PULL ME BACK IN!!!!!!

Polk 70's,40,30's
    Velo DLS 3500 Sub
    JVC 61" HD-ILA
    Sony DA4ES AVR
    Oppo 981 DVD
    Sony CDP-CX235 CD
    Signal Bi-wires
    AR ProII IC's
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited January 2007
    for those folks that liked Snakes on a Plane.. you really should also watch this one..

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/snakes_on_a_train/

Snakes on a Train
    "Under a powerful Mayan curse, snakes are hatched inside a young woman, slowly devouring her from within. Her only chance for survival is a powerful shaman who lives across the border. With only hours to live, she jumps on a train headed for Los Angeles. Unfortunately for the passengers aboard, they are now trapped, soon to be victims of these flesh-eating vipers"

Sorry for the spoiler.:p
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2007
    I really hoped I'd like this ina mindless funny action movie sort of way, but once the novelty wore off.... I just got bored.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited January 2007
    ... and if you really have an affinity for snakes and/or planes, you should really check this one out as well.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/xanadu/about.php
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore