RM6600 vs RM7300 Series II

TDOlsonTX
TDOlsonTX Posts: 4
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
I have a 4 year old set of RM7300 Series II bookshelf speakers (total of 5) and just bought a set of new RM6600 bookshelf speakers (total of 5). I need to make a decision on which set of speakers I should keep -- the RM7300 or the RM6600 as I have to leave 1 set with the house that I just sold.

Has the technology changed in the past 4 years? Should I keep the brand new RM6600 or stay with the 4 year old RM7300's?

Also, my old subwoofer is the PSW300 and I just bought a new PSW350 -- which one do I keep? I paid considerably more for the older speakers, but think that I probably did not get the best deal as I bought them from a high end home theatre store.

Thanks for any help with this. - Terry
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited August 2001
    I'd be interested to know which you think sound better.

But I'd keep the newer ones.

That's just me. Cause that's what I have in my house and I love them.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • MikDrago
    MikDrago Posts: 18
    edited August 2001
    I have never really heard the 7300's, but I do own the 6600's with the psw350 and I think it is a great set. I push them with a HK510. Even my wife and inlaws have been blown away by the sound.
  • TDOlsonTX
    TDOlsonTX Posts: 4
    edited August 2001
    I am keeping the 6600's -- I purchased the PSW 450 sub to go along with them. I learned that the only real change in the speaker since my 7300 was to the casing. The 7300 has a heavier casing that made them more expensive. I have a Pioneer Elite that I will use to drive them in a dedicated home theatre -- won't know until Sept. 14th, when we move in to our new home.

Thanks for the feedback! Terry
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited August 2001
    Let us all know how they sound!

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney