I got a car on Pinks!

Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,804
edited July 2006 in Car Audio & Electronics
That show Pinks on The Speed Channel, a friend of mine is running at 3:30 pm today for filming for the show. I can't be there to get any pictures and honestly, even if I had them, I would not be allowed to post them until after teh show airing.

Anyhoo, I was at his shop until about 4:45 AM last night working on the car to get it ready for today. It's a 1990 Mustang notchback. It's dark red, almost maroon. That is about all I can say at this point. I don't even want to discuss problems and solutions during the build-up for fear of **** his chances in the competition. When I find the airing date, I'll post it.

Here's hoping he don't break and/or lose the car!
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
Post edited by Jstas on

Comments

• PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited July 2006
    Tell your friend to sandbag as much as possible! good luck!
  • MattN03
    MattN03 Posts: 558
    edited July 2006
    I want to know how real the show is and if you loose your car, are you compensated somehow?

No way I'd risk loosing my 03 Mach 1! :mad:
  • Jstas
    edited July 2006
    I can't talk about the show until it's aired and I can't make the taping so I wouldn't be able to tell you anyhow.

As far as sandbagging, from what I herd of the other guy, which is not much, he's not expecting a Mustang this stout to be showing up. I really couldn't care if he keeps the car or not, I honestly am more interested in what it's going to run.

Mustangs are a dime a dozen, if he loses, he can always scrounge up another one.

• PolkThug
    edited July 2006
    Jstas wrote:
    I can't talk about the show until it's aired

lol Its not that secret.

Aren't a lot of you guys in Maryland? Get out to MIR!! Only $10 to watch them film, then report back to us.
  • Jstas
    edited July 2006
    No but then again, the race isn't run just yet and anything I might tell you guys might be foudn by the opposition and I might screw up the chances of the team I'm rooting for to win. After the races are over, I'll be able to say more but I still won't be able to say who won because that would spoil the show.

They do take it seriously too. I wasn't there when the Pinks rep came to the shop to interview everyone involved but apparently there is litigation being brought against contestants from a show from this season (filming is done) where they were discussing the outcome before the airing. I'd rather err on the safe side.

If I get more info on the validity of keeping the car and so on and so forth, I'll pass it on for sure but I don't want to jeopardize the show or anyone else involved either.

• PolkThug
    edited July 2006
    If anybody is interested:
    http://www.somdnews.com/stories/072106/recmor173928_32115.shtml

If I was racing on Pinks, I'd take a 9/10 second notch and never show its true potential, just enough to barely win.
  • PolkThug
    edited July 2006
    The VW guys got burned by posting on the Internet.

"Pass 2 and all is clear for take-off! Jason sticks the nose so high up that he scrapes the oil filter! This picture would come back to haunt us at the first Pinks episode. I posted it on Cal-Look.com about two hours before the taping and guess what? That's right, as soon as AJ Sims says the car has never been to the track, the Honda team pulls this picture out of their pocket. Sorry guys! Just goes to show how small the internet really is."
  • MattN03
    MattN03 Posts: 558
    edited July 2006
    Jstas wrote:
    Mustangs are a dime a dozen, if he loses, he can always scrounge up another one.

Maybe so, but they still cost money. I for one can't afford to loose my 30k Mustang....
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited July 2006
    Yeah. Mustangs are a dime a dozen but unfortunately the $25,000 in modifications arent.

Good luck to ya bro. I know I could NEVER go on that show no matter what kind of car I had. I havent seen a big enough boy on there yet that could take my car away from me (assuming I had one to put on the show).

To quote a great man, "....from my cold, dead hands!"
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited July 2006
    I love the show but there's to much sandbagging. It's not even fair. I just wish they could get real racers who are in it for the racing, not the winning.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited July 2006
    i saw it on the previews today, thats awesome that you know the guy and actually worked on his car. Wish him good luck from the guys over at the polk forum ;)
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited July 2006
    It's a stupid show IMO.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Jstas
    edited July 2006
    MattN03 wrote:
    Maybe so, but they still cost money. I for one can't afford to loose my 30k Mustang....

I can find a dozen Fox chassied Mustangs for less than 3K, both V8 and 4 cylinder alike and get any one of them into the 11's for less than 6 grand including the cost of the car.

An '03 Mach 1 is not a ride I would put on Pinks or ever put the pink slip up for. That is a limited edition collector's vehicle. An 86 GT though, there are plenty of others out there and they are cheap enough that the loss of such a vehicle would not be that great.

Also, it's not my car that was put up, it was Jimmy's. You wouldn't see any ride of mine on that line on Pinks.