Desparately in need of the SRT f/x rear bi/di surrounds

brouscm
brouscm Posts: 6
edited July 2006 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
Hello,
I've searched all the forums but I haven't found anyone selling just the SRT f/x surrounds. I have the Polk SRT system (bought in '96) but I don't have the rears, don't ask me why. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Corey
Post edited by brouscm on

Comments

• soiset
    soiset Posts: 724
    edited July 2006
    The SRT LS/fx surrounds are identical to the LS/fx surrounds, using the same drivers, crossovers, and cabinets. Have you looked for any of those? They pop up on ebay about every other week. I can sell you a pair of LS/fx in white for $130 plus shipping, or in black for $150 plus shipping.
  • brouscm
    edited July 2006
    Not to insult your integrity or intelligience, but what shape are they in (new, used, etc.). Also, if I wanted to install them on the wall or ceiling, do you know where I can find the mounts for them. Thanks a lot. I am very very interested in buying the black to match my SRT system.

Corey
  • soiset
    edited July 2006
  • brouscm
    edited July 2006
    soiset,
    I can't PM you yet since I only have two posts. But I am still very interested in those speakers. If you can post some pictures of your "best" pair of LS f/x, I'd greatly appreciate it. We can then go from there as far as the best way to perform the transaction.

Corey
  • soiset
    edited July 2006
    OK, I'll post a pic today sometime.

Edit: Would you prefer the sl6000 tweeters or the sl6500? The online parts list shows the surround speakers coming with the sl6000, but the front sats and center used the sl6501, which is the sl6500 with a bucking magnet on the back (for placement next to a crt monitor). I couldn't say if there is any difference at all in sound, but there is a slight difference in appearance: the 6000 has a more mirrorlike appearance on the dome, and the 6500 has a less reflective, perhaps powdery appearance. The LS f/x came with both, and I have examples of both.
  • soiset
    edited July 2006
    email me at soiset@myrealbox.com, and I'll send the pics I have just taken directly to you.