I need help!

fortytha12gauge
fortytha12gauge Posts: 47
edited July 2006 in Car Audio & Electronics
Im helping a friend instaling a system in her car. I hooked up everything the right way and the subs are wired correctly. the thing is im not getting power to the subs. Could it be the head unit? or a bad amp from factory? or the rca cables? any feed back will be great.
Shadow Inc records
Post edited by fortytha12gauge on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited July 2006
    is the amp turning on?
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • fortytha12gauge
    fortytha12gauge Posts: 47
    edited July 2006
    yea amp has power. i did a test on the terminals all were good except the speaker terminals.
    Shadow Inc records
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited July 2006
    try switching RCAs, or if you have a friend with an amp, try running a set of RCAs to their amp, if that works, it eliminates the radio and RCAs being the problem.

If you can, run a set of RCAs from their head unit to your amp, that will eliminate the amp being the problem. Its all just trial and error
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • hexon
    hexon Posts: 38
    edited July 2006
    I had a problem like this when I installed my sub and amp. My rear speakers were in for warranty repairs so I was faded to the fronts. I hooked the subs to the amp And I couldn't hear anything. It took a while but I finally figured out that I was faded to the front. So if you are using a stock HU, then my problem might be your problem, if you are as oblivous as I am.
    SHIFT_LOUD

polkaudio db675
    polkaudio db212-2
    Kenwood KAC-9102D 500 watts @ 4 ohms (850 watts @ 2 ohms)
    Sony 444watt amp

trunksig29ip.th.jpg