WTB: Turntable

Options
ND13
ND13 Posts: 7,601
edited July 2006 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
I'm looking at getting back into the vinyl scene, which I've been out of for over 20 years now.

I prefer nice Vintage TTs, like real Philips(GA212, 312), Thorens, Kenwood, Garrard, Dual, etc. Would like a nice one ready to rumble. Will pay fair $$$ for the right TT.

Let me know.

Thanx,
Noel
"SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
Post edited by ND13 on

Comments

• sda2mike
    sda2mike Posts: 3,131
    edited July 2006
    Options
    I have an old Dual. I think it's an 812..I'll find out later. It' s very clean and well cared for. I got it about 1.5 yrs ago. seems i didn't check the waf and it's been closeted since. I would invest in a decent cartridge for it. Also, the rca leads are permanently soldered inside. They are old. I would replace them. I think I paid too much, pm me i'll let it go for half what I paid. If you want pics, it might take a little time, but I'll do it. Also, I paid extra for an owner's manual (online). I'll throw that in as well. :D
  • ND13
    edited July 2006
    Options
    sda2mike wrote:
    I have an old Dual. I think it's an 812..I'll find out later. It' s very clean and well cared for. I got it about 1.5 yrs ago. seems i didn't check the waf and it's been closeted since. I would invest in a decent cartridge for it. Also, the rca leads are permanently soldered inside. They are old. I would replace them. I think I paid too much, pm me i'll let it go for half what I paid. If you want pics, it might take a little time, but I'll do it. Also, I paid extra for an owner's manual (online). I'll throw that in as well. :D

Yeah, Let me know the rest of the particulars, as I'm interested.

Noel
  • sda2mike
    sda2mike Posts: 3,131
    edited July 2006
    Options
    OK.....as soon as i get home tonight...around 6ish...thanks!:)
  • ND13
    edited July 2006
    Options
    Something unique would be cool as well. I remember my cousin had a killer Mac/Klipsch rig when I was a kid that he used a really nice Kenwood TT that the base was marble. Really cool.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,092
    edited July 2006
    Options
    ND13 wrote:
    Something unique would be cool as well. I remember my cousin had a killer Mac/Klipsch rig when I was a kid that he used a really nice Kenwood TT that the base was marble. Really cool.

I used to own one of those TT's (KD-880, I think). Nice unit and a bit unique. I bought a top of the line Grado cartridge for it and used to buy vinyl and tape it on my Nak Dragon the very first play. Then the albums would sit in their jackets while I listened to the tapes I made :) .

I see them on e-bay and the 'gon every once in awhile. I have an old Yammy w/ a Shure V-15. It's a bit rough, but runs great. The cue button in non-functioning. It's a heavy beast, silver base and typical tinted plexi-lid. If you might be interested PM me. Not sure what level you're looking to start at. I can give you more details. If you're looking for something a bit higher up the chain, no problem if you pass.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited July 2006
    Options
    I have a very unique tt available if interested.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.