FS: Cambridge Audio 540D

Options
Early B.
Early B. Posts: 7,900
edited July 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
**SOLD**

For sale is a silver Cambridge Audio 540D DVD player. I would rate it 7/10 only because of the light scratch marks on the top of the unit from other things sitting on it. Face is clean. Very good video and excellent audio quality. I am the original owner and I purchased it about two years ago.

Will sell for $150 shipped in Continiental USA. Includes original box and manual. Will double box for shipping. PayPal is preferred.

PM me if interested.
HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
Post edited by Early B. on

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,102
    edited July 2006
    Options
    Silver?

Eff I see it is...

MAN!...

If youll hold it till the first Friday of next month... Ill be all over this like a box of chocolates at a birthday party.

I so want this man... hook me up!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • marker
    marker Posts: 1,084
    edited July 2006
    Options
    Great DVDp. IMO better than my Denon 2900.
  • VR3
    edited July 2006
    Options
    Yeah....

And I call permanent DIBS...

Early if you need like half down - let me know.

This is mine. I just cant do it all right now.

PS: I plan to do Money Order... just because I dont have a paypal account...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Early B.
    edited July 2006
    Options
    Sid -- I'll work with you. Half down is cool because you're a cool guy.

PM me and we'll work out the details.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

• VR3
    edited July 2006
    Options
    Ive disabled PMs for various reasons...

Ill shoot you an email or you can shoot me an email at vr3mxdmicblce2k7@gmail.com

And I appreciate it man... that player looks amazing.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited July 2006
    Options
    Wow, you jumped all over that, didn't you?
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • VR3
    edited July 2006
    Options
    double post...
  • VR3
    edited July 2006
    Options
    I love the way those players look...

the silver face and blue LED screen - absolutely awesome.

540d.jpg
  • okiepolkie
    okiepolkie Posts: 2,258
    edited July 2006
    Options
    I just got my demo, CA DVD87 and DVD 89, players this week. I haven't hooked up the 89 to the HD screen yet, but the 87 looks really good.

Early, what are you going to use as a replacement?
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • Early B.
    edited July 2006
    Options
    OPPO 970. Just looking to try something new.

• Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited July 2006
    Options
    Sid the kid....wtf is your system now? you change speakers more then you change ur **** panties.
  • VR3
    edited July 2006
    Options
    What?

Im still rocking the Behringers.

Im saving up for other stuff at the moment, but thats a secret... SHHHH

Im being serious though, only a few people know about what I showed you. So SHHH.

THe most recent changes was the Monster Cables, Behringers, and now this thing...
  • opus
    opus Posts: 1,252
    edited July 2006
    Options
    Aarrghhh.... Are you kidding me. I watched the fm all day long. Checked it maybe 30 times at a minimum( yeah I have no life). At 7:15 I go turn on the race, pop a bag of popcorn, pour a frosty mug and walk by the computer a few minutes later and the player I want is offered and sold in 10 minutes. :eek:

Come on guys. This damn forum is all I have don't chase me away:D

Sid, congrats
    The Flea rig
    Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
    Rotel RSP 1066 (pre) :)-flea market
    B&K St-202 (mains)-flea market
    Carver M 200t (x2) (center and surrounds)-flea market
    Blu-Ray..PS3 (dvd player)
    Polk RTA-11t-flea market
    LsiC, Fxi30's

Dual SVS PC-Utra's (1 port blocked) thanks MikeC78
    Behringer Feedback Destroyer
    -flea market
    AudioAlchemy DDE v1.0 DAC-flea market
    Cambridge Audio Azur 640 CDP-flea market
    Signal Cable and Kimber Kable
  • VR3
    edited July 2006
    Options
    Hehe...

Yeah as soon as I saw that thing...and saw Early B was selling it - I was all over it.

I want the player, but Early - just know I bought it because you owned it last. ;) (I know its going to be as advertised.

Anything I put in the main rig has to be pretty much pristine in the front...
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited July 2006
    Options
    Congrats on your new player Sid! I hope that you will enjoy the sound and the looks!
    Carl

• Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited July 2006
    Options
    I'm not saying anything, don't worry. Congrats on the DVD player. Do you still have the onix cdp? I thought you were in love with that thing.
  • VR3
    edited July 2006
    Options
    The Onix is here to stay.

This Cambridge is strictly DVD - although I am gonna have to locate me some DVDA to try out...

This is all one big scheme - whats to come is gonna be cool!...

Will keep you guys in the dark until then though! AHHAHAHA

And thanks for the congrats, dun dun dun
  • VR3
    edited July 2006
    Options
    Well I received the unit...

Couple things.

Early B still rocks.

Cambridge has some of the best packaging Ive ever seen from a company. They even put their remote and component in a freaking CLOTH. I was blown away by this - lol. Im easilly amused!

But none the less, the unit was pretty much as described, I only noticed two small marks on the face - not a big deal in the least bit. The player screams quality, the remote even has a quality, sturdy feel to it. The display looks great - great sound and video quality that I can tell....

Good stuff, I wouldnt mind getting some more Cambridge stuff in the future...
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited July 2006
    Options
    Congrats Sid on your new player! What was the first music that you played on it?
    Carl

• VR3
    edited July 2006
    Options
    LOL...

I watched... brace yourself...

"Agent Cody Banks" - not only that, but a Screener DVD for video store owners to watch to see if they want to buy it for their store. So not only did the movie suck, the picture AND sound quality really bites...

However, the player made it sound and look pretty good - I was impressed.

(It was the movie I had laying around near by...what can I say)

Next one is either going to be...

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory...
    Terminator 3
    POTC 1
    A Series of Unfortunate Events

Havnt decided yet though.

Any suggestions?
  • VR3
    edited July 2006
    Options
    To be honest with you - I watch about 2 DVDs a month... (sometimes less)...

I really just bought this because I wanted to try Cambridge products and I was very tired of looking at the cheap looking Panasonic. The Cambridge is basically an aesthetic than anything.

It looks amazing. Its performance is just a +. That and one day Id like to get a new TV, and while this DVDp will be outdated -itll atleast have some good quality under its belt at a great price.