This one should be the new demo disk

Options
Strong Bad
Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
edited June 2002 in Music & Movies
Great to see they're doing this one up in grand style and with DTS ES 6.1.

Four discs worth of Lord of the Rings specs. June 11, 2002

The good folks at New Line Home Entertainment have shed some light on the upcoming massive four disc set of The Lord of the Rings due to arrive in November.

The film itself will be spread over discs one and two with a new running time of 208 minutes. The film will be in anamorphic widescreen with multiple audio options including Dolby Digital EX 5.1, DTS ES 6.1, stereo surround and four commentaries featuring Peter Jackson, Fran Walsh, Elijah Wood, Ian McKellen, Richard Taylor, Andrew Lesnie, Howard Shore, Jim Rygiel, Randy Cook and more.

Disc three will carry the moniker "From Book to Vision" and will feature segments on adapting the book into a screenplay & planning the film, designing and building Middle-earth, storyboards to pre-visualization, a Weta Workshop visit - An up-close look at the weapons, armor, creatures and miniatures from the film, an atlas of Middle-earth: Tracing the journey of the Fellowship, an interactive map of New Zealand highlighting the location scouting process, galleries of art and slideshows with commentaries by the artists, a guided tour of the wardrobe department, footage from early meetings, moving storyboards and pre-visualization reels.

Disc four focuses on the filmmaking process in "From Vision to Reality", including bringing the characters to life, a day in the life of a Hobbit, principal photography: Stories from the set, Scale: Creating the illusion of size, galleries of behind-the-scenes photographs and personal cast photos, editorial and visual effects multi-angle progressions and sound design demonstration.
In addition to this staggering amount of supplements, New Line has indicated that more features may yet be added to this release when it premieres on November 2nd. Any further details will be posted here.
No excuses!
Post edited by Strong Bad on

Comments

• Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited June 2002
    Options
    Here is another duel disk purchase for me. First one in August then a second in November.

I have yet to see this movie.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited June 2002
    Options
    Woohoo! Now I gotta convince my wallet that I need some 6.1 goodness :)
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited June 2002
    Options
    Woohoo! Now I gotta convince my wallet that I need some 6.1 goodness
    It is well worth it!!!!IMO :cool:
  • dylan
    dylan Posts: 453
    edited June 2002
    Options
    Ron, I noticed you said you like the 'Reign of Fire' type deal... you will probably really dig this movie. I'm in to that too, and I thought this movie was simply astounding. Effects, sound, story flow, sticking to the book, new technology, pretty much everything I was impressed with. I haven't looked forward to a DVD like this one ever. I agree with John, this should be the next best demo disc.

BTW: I saw a Reign of Fire spot on TV last week, and it looked damn cool! My jaw dropped. I wonder when they'll start promo'ing it more.