FS: Denon DVD-2900

Options
lomic
lomic Posts: 407
edited June 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Without breaking the bank, this is considered to be one of the finest DVD players of all time. Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to afford a Plasma for quite a while, and I've felt its been going to waste on a crappy 27" Sony SDTV.

From all the reviews I've read, the component output of this unit surpasses HDMI upconverted players in both color accuracy and saturation, being only slightly hedged in sharpness. As most know already, this unit is a universal audio player, supporting both SACD and DVD-Audio without downconverting to PCM.

This is an exceptional build of the 2900 as I have had zero problem playing back any CD/SACD/DVD I've thrown at it, including Netflix DVD's that were scratched to hell. Edit: Forgot one other very nice feature about this unit that is near-unique, besides being blazing fast navigating menus, it has absolutely no delay when changing layers in playback.

Unit is near-mint cosmetically, no scratches I can see. Includes the remote and power cord, I may have misplaced the manual, but will keep hunting for it. Will ship in the original box. Asking $425 shipped for polksters. Uglier silver unit recently sold on the 'Gon for $500.

I'll also be selling the following SACD's once the 2900 sells. Buyer of the 2900 may buy for a lower price of $8/ea no extra shipping, all discs are in perfect condition, cases a bit scratched:

O Brother, Where Art Thou? Soundtrack
John Mayer, Heavier Things
Pink Floyd, DSOTM
Sarah Brightman, Time to Say Goodbye
Roxy Music, Avalon

I also have Ravel/Bolero by Skrowaczewski for $15, paid $30 from Amazon.

dvd1.jpg

dvd2.jpg

dvd3.jpg
Dodd Audio ELP [ Tubes ] // Harman Kardon AVR330 // Parasound HCA-1203A // Denon DVD-2900
Polk Audio LSi9, LSiC, LSi 7 // HSU STF-2 // Signal Cable Interconnects (SG BW/A2/MP)
Post edited by lomic on

Comments

• I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited June 2006
    Options
    I might be interested, let me do some research to refresh my memory and info...

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited June 2006
    Options
    I don't need the player as I have a 2910 but for $8 shipped, I'll take the O Brother, DSOTM and the Brightman cd's... let me know.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • lomic
    lomic Posts: 407
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Sorry, tried to indicate that those are a deal to sweeten the player sale a bit :) I'll honor the price I've posted for the Sarah Brightman SACD for the sake of this sale, but it will probably go up a bit if sold seperately - forgot it was a $30 import as well.

I'll start a new thread selling any that don't go with the 2900.

One last thing I forgot to include originally is that for the sake of simplicity PayPal confirmed account is the only way I'd like to do payment, no extra fees for the buyer.
    Dodd Audio ELP [ Tubes ] // Harman Kardon AVR330 // Parasound HCA-1203A // Denon DVD-2900
    Polk Audio LSi9, LSiC, LSi 7 // HSU STF-2 // Signal Cable Interconnects (SG BW/A2/MP)
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited June 2006
    Options
    lomic wrote:

One last thing I forgot to include originally is that for the sake of simplicity PayPal confirmed account is the only way I'd like to do payment, no extra fees for the buyer.

Sorry, I don't do PayPal.

I think I was gonna pass anyway, but that seals it.

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d