FS: Speaker cables - 1 pair 6AWG/spades

dragon1952
dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
edited June 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
This is an 8 ft pair of Olympus Audio speaker cables. The conductor is very large stranded 6 AWG copper and the spades are large, pure copper. No solder, no plating just plain ole copper. The spades are very heavy (for spades) and they are crimped on so they can become loose IF you screw around with them alot. If you just hook them up and don't mess with them they are fine. If you are a fiddler and are constantly changing speaker cables in and out they will probably become loose after a while. No biggee, you just recrimp them but I don't want any surprises.
Like I said these are 6 AWG! They are very stiff and not a whole lot of fun to work with, so be advised. But they are very nice sounding, very nice looking and were rather expensive....like several hundred bucks new. Considering the spades are not plated, they are very easy to manipulate, i.e. you can bend them to make the opening wider or smaller very easily with a small pair of pliers. What I did was slip them on and then squeeze them in a bit for a snugger fit before tightening down the post screws.
When slipping them onto the posts, I would suggest you don't twist them by grabbing onto the spade to get them pointed in the right direction. Use the lower part of the wire and try and twist that.
I hear people commenting on here occasionally about wanting to try some beefy cables. Well these are about as beefy as they come, so here's your chance.
I'll let them go for $75 shipped to any member in good standing. PayPal accepted at no charge.
2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
Post edited by dragon1952 on

Comments

• ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,500
    edited June 2006
    boy, these look familiar :-)

i'll vouch, I went from 12 guage to this and there was a difference.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • dragon1952
    edited June 2006
    I'd forgotten I'd sold you a pair of these! These are probably pretty similar but maybe a larger gauge? I can't remember. I know I sold a pair to Russman also.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • fredv
    fredv Posts: 923
    edited June 2006
    These will make a short trip to North California. PM follows.

-fredv-
  • dragon1952
    edited June 2006
    SOLD! They're already on there way. Thank you sir ;)
  • fredv
    edited June 2006
    Cable arrived, thank you!!!!! Sent to Shack for an +1 update.

-fredv-
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited June 2006
    So how are the cables?
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited June 2006
    Those are GREAT cables, heavy, but worth it if your amp and speaker posts can support it. Very neutral, warm side of neutral if anything.

I've still got my pair, going on 2 years now.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • fredv
    edited June 2006
    janmike wrote:
    So how are the cables?
    Hee hee, no comment yet. All of my amps that I have now uses the tiny terminal strip for speakers; however, I will be picking up a used toy tomorrow that can use the cable :D Want to know more about the toy? Look here.l

-fredv-
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited June 2006
    fredv wrote:
    Hee hee, no comment yet. All of my amps that I have now uses the tiny terminal strip for speakers; however, I will be picking up a used toy tomorrow that can use the cable :D Want to know more about the toy? Look here.l

Nice looking gear Fred.:cool: We expect a timely report on it.;)
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • dragon1952
    edited June 2006
    Wow!! Very nice :) Man, you must have a money tree in your back yard the amount of gear you go through ;)
    +1 to Shack for you also.
  • fredv
    edited June 2006
    dragon1952 wrote:
    Wow!! Very nice :) Man, you must have a money tree in your back yard the amount of gear you go through ;)
    +1 to Shack for you also.
    No money tree, but these are better investment than my sucking stocks :(
    I sold all my stocks last month when they finally got back to black after 2 years of holding ... If I were greedy and held a little longer, I would be in red again. I have to reward myself for the "smart" move :D This tad-60 is used (2.5 months old), so the price is lower than the price from the link. I paid $740. Paul is having a sale, it is $899 shipped w/superA upgrade if paid cash (not CC or paypal). I save $160 from the brand new but only get 2 years less warranty.

-fredv-
  • bikerboy
    bikerboy Posts: 1,205
    edited June 2006
    Hi,
    you like the tad -60? I have a tad 150 sig pre amp. I am thinking about the tad- 60 for an amp in the future. I missed out on the sale and will have to wait a while longer. What do you think of the variable feedback feature? Does it have enough power to push a pair of sda-2 to loud levels? Thanks
    Main system: Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 w/ Pioneer 42" plazma-> Polk LSiM 703 w/Tivo, Marantz tuner, BRPTT: Nothingham Spacedeck-> Pioneer PL L1000 linear arm-> Soundsmith DL 103R-> SUT->Bottlehead ErosDigital: I3 PC w/ Jriver playing flac -> Sonore Ultrarendu -> Twisted Pair Audio ESS 9028 w/ Mercury IVY Vinyl rips: ESI Juli@24/192-> i3 PC server
  • fredv
    edited June 2006
    Hi bikerboy,

See the new thread http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?p=475580#post475580
    I hooked up the TAD-60 to the Carver AL-III+ which is 86db speaker. Granted I don't
    listen to very high level, but I think it has enough guts the sda-2 to a reasonably
    high level.

-fredv-