Taking out an amp...

StopherJJ1980
StopherJJ1980 Posts: 267
edited June 2006 in Car Audio & Electronics
First off let me say I am somewhat ignorant about car audio installation. I usually do simple stuff like putting in new speakers or hooking up subs but leave wiring and amp installation alone and pay the pros to do it. So my question is this...

I will be selling my truck soon, a 98 Frontier with a Pioneer deck, Infinity 6.5" components, Infinity 10" sub and an MB Quart 4 channel amp. So I want to take out the amp before I sell the truck, and want to know will it be difficult to hook up the components straight to the deck like they were before? How would I go about doing that, in a nutshell? Should I just say screw it and pay someone or is it so simple that Id be silly not to do it myself? Any help would be appreciated, thank you :)
-Stopher
Tempe, AZ

Setup:
Polk RTi8 Mains
Polk CSi5 Center
Polk FXi3's Surround
Cerwin Vega HTS10 Subwoofer
Yamaha HTR-5740 AVR

Upstairs R50/R15/CS1 5.1 setup w Pioneer AVR
Post edited by StopherJJ1980 on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited June 2006
    the amp uninstall is extremely easy. Take out the fuse under the hood and simply disconnect the wires. All the wires can be left in there and just tucked under the carpet or something.

As far as hooking up the speakers back to the radio, it depends on how the radio was bypassed in the first place. My shop would charge $65 for something like that and it would take me about 30 minutes or so. I did that yesterday as a matter of fact. If you can pull the radio out, look behind it and see if they tagged the speaker wires right there, if so, you can just cut the speaker wires that go out(the non factory ones) and match colors to put the factory wires back together.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited June 2006
    If they spliced into the factory wires behind the head unit, all youd have to do is match up the wires with each other as theyre color coded.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • StopherJJ1980
    StopherJJ1980 Posts: 267
    edited June 2006
    Thanks for the input guys...
    -Stopher
    Tempe, AZ

Setup:
    Polk RTi8 Mains
    Polk CSi5 Center
    Polk FXi3's Surround
    Cerwin Vega HTS10 Subwoofer
    Yamaha HTR-5740 AVR