SP80tubes.jpg
Post edited by Wardsweb on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,313
    edited June 2006
    Nice pic!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Schris22
    Schris22 Posts: 983
    edited June 2006
    purty lights!

Chris
    Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR502-S
    DVD Player: Pioneer DV-578A-S
    Left and Right: R50
    Center: CS1
    Rear Center: R15
    Surrounds: R30
    Subwoofer: 10'' Dayton 100 Watt
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited June 2006
    I feel warm already...

I wish I had the pic when I over-biased a tube prior to resale, 9 hours away.

The screwdriver slipped off the pot, in mid adjustment, and before I could correct it....RED HOT>>>POW. Some of you may know what I mean, and it sucks when it happens to original tubes....in OG monoblocks.

Manley LAB100 Monoblocks - $1500
    Replacement EL34 - $98
    Suggestion by original buyer, after explanation, of $500 for the pair...so he can repair them if needed? - Priceless

They have since been re-tubed(JJ/Tesla), re-biased and boxed up for another gig.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,313
    edited June 2006
    Manley LAB100 Monoblocks - $1500
    Replacement EL34 - $98
    Suggestion by original buyer, after explanation, of $500 for the pair...so he can repair them if needed? - Priceless

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited June 2006
    dorokusai wrote:
    Priceless

definition: priceless...

The act of re-biasing a tube amp days after a previous biasing which included a quick bias at warmup, another bias after 1 hour, another check and tweak after 2 hours of playing music and another sanity check after sitting idle for another 5 hours and then having a screw driver slip. :D

madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited June 2006
    Tube magic :D

same thing happens when you select the wrong voltage on a tube tester.. i popped a few worthless tv tubes for fun, crank up the voltage till you get the bright flash and then dead :D
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp