ouch!

Options
W WALDECKER
W WALDECKER Posts: 900
edited June 2006 in 2 Channel Audio
One of the Scanspeak 8545 mid bass drivers let go in one of my beloved Loreleis. i have to wait until tuesday to call and have a replacement driver shipped from Indy. i am now forced to listen to my Paradigm Studio 100 v3s until i get the new driver installed. i was listening at a fairly moderate volume when it let go. oh' well i guess its just one of those things that happens sometimes. thanks....WCW III
Rogue Audio stereo 100 tube amplifier - Lector Zoe preamplifier with 6H30 pi's
.Audience AU24SE speaker and ic cables- Chord Qutest DAC - Black Cat Silverstar II 75ohm digital cable-Tyler Acoustics Linbrook Signature system with large bass cabinets to accommodate 10" Seas magnesium woofers.2xhmpsuownoj.jpg
Post edited by W WALDECKER on

Comments

• amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited May 2006
    Options
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Yeah...that sucks but at least you can replace it then it will be as good as new.:D
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited May 2006
    Options
    fairly moderate :eek: comfortably numb ;) enjoy your holiday :)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited May 2006
    Options
    It's that crappy front end and amplification;) :D:p

J/K:)
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • W WALDECKER
    edited May 2006
    Options
    ND13 wrote:
    It's that crappy front end and amplification;) :D:p

J/K:)
    Maybe it was that freakin Monster power conditioner! i was listening to the New Dixie Chicks cd and i swear it was at a fairy moderate volume, at least by my standards. i jumped into the shower and got out and put on the Dire Straits Brothers in arms remaster and noticed a buzzing in the expensive right side Scanspeak 8545 midbass driver.i have had them nearly 9 months and have pushed them very hard before with no trace of audible distortion. its just one of those things i guess.thanks....WCW III
    .Audience AU24SE speaker and ic cables- Chord Qutest DAC - Black Cat Silverstar II 75ohm digital cable-Tyler Acoustics Linbrook Signature system with large bass cabinets to accommodate 10" Seas magnesium woofers.2xhmpsuownoj.jpg
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited May 2006
    Options
    i was listening to the New Dixie Chicks cd

No sympathy here... :D
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • W WALDECKER
    edited May 2006
    Options
    madmax wrote:
    No sympathy here... :D
    madmax
    Hey madmax, it sounded really nice until the Scanspeak 8545 suffered a catastrophic failure....;)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,860
    edited May 2006
    Options
    I'm seeing a correlation here.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Sorry to hear about that. Enjoy the Pdigms for now. Your patience is being tested. You still have to break in the new driver:).
  • W WALDECKER
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Great news , i just got the new replacement Scanspeak 8545 midbass driver and i just soldered her in and buttoned her up and she is singing very sweetly. life is good! thanks....WCW III
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Yay! ..and the crowd goes wild!:D Glad to hear it.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited June 2006
    Options
    I'll finally be able to sleep soundly now... ;)

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • W WALDECKER
    edited June 2006
    Options
    TroyD wrote:
    I'll finally be able to sleep soundly now... ;)

BDT
    Me too!;)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,860
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Gotta love a happy ending.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited June 2006
    Options
    I just strangled two of my neighbors over that issue and am currently posting from a Starbucks in Colorado.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited June 2006
    Options
    humming a Denver tune?????????

Maybe Darcy Farrow???
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited June 2006
    Options
    oh yea, Pluck the Chicks

RT1