Some One Please Tell Me The Settings For My AMP!!

DayUSeX
DayUSeX Posts: 4
edited May 2006 in Car Audio & Electronics
So here is my setup.
ALPINE 9857
Polk Momo 4 channel amp
Polk Momo 6x9 Rears
Polk MOmo 6.5 Fronts

Thing is i have NO idea how to tune my amp. THere are tons of settings in the back. IF anyone has this setup please tell me what to do. I have no idea where to start and there are all sorts of things like slope, crossover and what not.

Oh yeah and eventually there will be two subs in the back but those come later.

Please help thanks!!!
Post edited by DayUSeX on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited May 2006
    its hard to tell you what they should be, all of us do it by ear. My recommendation is take it to a local audio shop and ask them to tune it for you
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited May 2006
    A good place to start is to leave the low pass and high pass filters off since youre not running any subs and play the speakers full range.

Then you should set the gains. The easiest way is to turn both gains all the way down and turn the HU volume up to about 25 on your Alpine. Then start turning the front gain up slowly til you hear the speakers start distorting. Then back the gain back down til the distortion stops. Now adjust the rear gain til it blends well with the front.

Thats all the setting you should do with the amp for now. From here adjust using the head unit's EQ's. There is no set way to do it, just tinker with it and eventually youll get it dialed in.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D