Turntable upgrade...in a big way!

Options
DAGLJAM6
DAGLJAM6 Posts: 635
edited May 2006 in 2 Channel Audio
Well, after demoing Troy's VPI HWK19 and checking out RT1's upscale Rega, i had decided that my Rega P3 (care of Wardsweb aka Luther) while adequate was just not quite "there". So, after researching new tables i'd narrowed the field to a pair, the Vpi scout and the Basis 1400, basically in the same price range (1200-1800 new give or take and readily available used) The final decision led to the purchase of the VPI Scout.
After receiving it promptly and without incident, assemby/set up took all of 30 minutes and i was spinning vinyl. Over the last week ,i've yet to tinker with any of the original setup parameters, this table has performed flawlessly and the much written about /talked up JMW9 tonearm is a heck of a piece of work alone tracking everything from jazz to full tilt classical. The table's construction is first rate and comboed with the JMW9 it absolutely sings.

Details and pix to come.....
Post edited by DAGLJAM6 on

Comments

• beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited May 2006
    Options
    congrats on the new Table..

Enjoy !
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Very nice, Dave!
  • DAGLJAM6
    DAGLJAM6 Posts: 635
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Thanks guys, Bdog03 hope everythings going well and btw how'd you like that old Robert Johnson box set? PM me your addy again i've got a few misc. blues cd's to send out if you're up to it.
    Mike if you aren't able to get down here for Pfest06 i've got a coupla LP's for your collection that i'll need to send up.

The table is great and i'll have some more comments to add soon enough.
  • starchaser
    starchaser Posts: 354
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Enjoy Dagljam6, that is one beautiful t/t!
    "There's a lot of places driving up and down I-95 that smell like ****" F1Nut
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited May 2006
    Options
    That's a MAN table, have fun with it.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,834
    edited May 2006
    Options
    And he dives deeper yet into the dark side......;)

Congrats!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited May 2006
    Options
    DAGLJAM6 wrote:
    Mike if you aren't able to get down here for Pfest06 i've got a coupla LP's for your collection that i'll need to send up.
    I'm still planning on it.... just won't be able to say yea/nay until mid-August. I have an album and an import CD I need to send your way. Hopefully, I can get them out of here next Tuesday.
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Congrats on the new table. A friend of mine has had that same table now for about 3 years, and he still can't stop raving about it. Might have to get one myself some day.

BTW....Any plans to sell the P3? If so, I might be interested.

ENJOY!
    Dave
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Sweet, you must be all grins....:cool:
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Way to get her done!! Looking forward to getting my ears on, both you and BDT.

RT1
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Cool! Yet another sensible audiophile. ;)
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D