FS: Pair of NOS Mazda 12AX7 tubes

Early B.
Early B. Posts: 7,900
edited June 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I have a pair of rare Mazda NOS 12AX7 tubes that I bought about a year ago off ebay. They have less than 2 hours on them. These sell for at least $50 each at Upscale Audio and sold for $69.95 each at Tube Depot when they were in stock. My price is $25 shipped in USA for the pair.

PayPal is preferred. PM me if interested.

Here's some background info on them that I found off the 'net:

Mazda 12AX7/ECC83 is a rare French Military tube noted for its Mullard tone and made by British Thomson-Houston that made some of the finest triodes in Europe, and one of the oldest tube companies in the world. Mazda was part of the Thorn AEI group in England who made Brimar and Ediswan.

In audio applications these valves are detailed, lively and very balanced. Plenty of bass slam in these babies. The valves are very high gain, yes more gain than the famous Mullard ECC83. The distorted tone was rich and fat. Treble response was clear even when really distorted.

The Mazda ECC83 / 12AX7 is one those coveted tubes by audiophiles around the world. Some have compared the sound to Telefunken. We think they sound very accurate, without being rigid. They have a lush top-end with great bass resolution. These are quite rare these days.

Mazda company made tubes under the Mazda and Brimar names, as well as Ediswan. Mazda was a British company and in the 1920's Mazda was a major maker of radio tubes. Many of Mazda's later tubes were made in French factories and are excellent. The getter ring of the Mazda is unmistakably Telefunken.
HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
Post edited by Early B. on

Comments

• ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited May 2006
    PM sent
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited May 2006
    damm noel ya greedy tuber :)

early ya got anymore 12ax7's ?
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • ND13
    edited May 2006
    Cliff,

let me check, I might be able to let some of my others go. I'll need to see what I have left after selling the MLP. I let 3 quads go with it.
  • faster100
    edited May 2006
    yeah cool, I need a pair for my tube amp.. i have commons.. Rca, EH,sylvania
    But also i need a good deal like this here.. :D
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • Early B.
    edited May 2006
    **sold**
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

• faster100
    edited May 2006
    so i guess you dont have any other tubes ya wanna sell?
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • Early B.
    edited May 2006
    faster100 wrote:
    so i guess you dont have any other tubes ya wanna sell?
    Nope. I only have a pair of EH's that I'll use temporarily in case one or both of my current X7's blows out. I don't like to stockpile tubes. I'd rather buy them as I need them.

• faster100
    edited May 2006
    damm :D I clicked on this thread soon as i seen it and was ready to snap them up and then i seen greedy ol Noel already beat me.. Its all good though

Thanks anyways
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • ND13
    edited June 2006
    Got them in the mail yesterday. I'll be trying them out as the driver tubes in my Wave 20s, asap. We'll see how they compare to the Telefunken smooth plates that are in there now.

I'll send Shackdaddy a pm.