New wiring - any issues with Knukoncepts?

howie777
howie777 Posts: 357
edited May 2006 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hello,

Like an idiot, I did a temp install for my SR6500's and C400.4 amp and didn't leave any extra speaker wire so I could clean up later. I bought everything from KnuKoncepts and had some quality issues with what I got and just a pain in the **** issue. The RCAs I got from them are not very good for two reasons, one the length of the RCA connnectors is a bit too long (still fits under the amp cover plate, but would be a lot nicer if I had shorter cables). Two, one of the covers for the RCA connector (covers where the wire is soldered to the terminal) doen't actually fit, it slides on/off without any twisting motion so you can't grab the connector and pull it off, just the cover will come off. The pain in the **** issue is with the twisted pair of speaker wire, it is a pain to get through the rubber tubing used to shield the cables in the door jam due to its size, any tips on acccomplishing this easier or should I go with non twisted pair which is smaller due to not having the plastic cover around both wires.

All that being said, since I want replace both the RCA and speaker wire, any suggestions to brand names (RCA's with shorter connectors, or speaker wire that isn't twisted pair)? Or should I just get more knu speaker wire and get them to fix the RCA?

Howie
Post edited by howie777 on

Comments