All AQ King Cobra IC system!

Options
pmckeealaska
pmckeealaska Posts: 808
edited May 2006 in 2 Channel Audio
Last week I had a friend pick me up 3 sets of AQ King Cobra IC's from Magnolia at Best Buy. They are discontinuing them so that they can carry Monster (yuck!!). Anyway, I got them for 50% off, so I figured, what the heck, since I had already bought a pair to go between my reciever and power amp.

Anyway, after a week of almost non stop listening, I have to say that it is the best "bang for my buck" investment I have yet to make for my system. I feel like I have gained volume and have to turn it down, particularly on high-rez formats like SACD and DVD-A. The clarity is stunning and the bass really packs a wallop in HT. Not bad for $87.50 a pair. Long live AQ!!!
Music and Movie Rig

Samsung 40" HDTV 1080p
LSi25 Front Speakers
LSiC Center Channel
LSiFX Surrounds
Rotel RB 1080 2-Channel Amp
NAD T763 Reciever
Denon DVD 2900 Universal Player

Audiosource 10 Band Digital Equalizer
Audioquest CV-8 speaker cables
Audioquest Sub-X subwoofer cables
Audioquest King Cobra Interconnects

Monster AVS 2000 Voltage Stabilizer
Playstation 3 120GB Slim
Post edited by pmckeealaska on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited May 2006
    Options
    I'm not a huge AQ fan, but they really have a nice product line for every level of insanity. I always suggest AQ as an alternative to MC, as I'd rather support Bill Lowe than Noel Lee.

The King Cobra is a very decent IC, enjoy!
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    edited May 2006
    Options
    I did the same last week. Time for you to go find some CV-6 speakers cables to round out the package!
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Enjoy the Cobras! Try and locate some AQ speaker wire like the Bedrock. Use the Monster wire for ice fishing up there in beautiful Alaska:D
    Carl

• organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Sweet. AQ stuff is very nice, especially for the money. I almost got a King Cobra a few years ago but ended up buying the Diamondback. Enjoy your system.