FS: Adcom GTP-600 / B&K AV-5125 / B&K ST-2140

dorokusai
dorokusai Posts: 25,573
edited May 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I need to clear some space....all my prices include bulletproof shipping.

ADCOM GTP-600 - Pre-Amp/ Surround Sound Decoder - 9/10 - *SOLD*

This is a MINT condition Pre-Amp/5.1 SS Decoder. It has alot of features including:

AM/FM Tuner
6 Audio Inputs(RCA)
4 Video Inputs(Composite & S-Video)
5.1 Pre-Amp Outputs
Monitor Outputs(Composite & S-Video)
IR Repeater Capable
AD Link Capatible(ADCOM Owners)
On-Screen Display
Test Tone Generator
Adjustable SS and Delay Values
DPL and Multi-Mode Soundfields(5)

GTP-600 User Manual

I know, it's not 6.1 or 7.1 and doesn't have an enormous amount of inputs. There's not much I can say aside from it's as good as you're going to get in an older unit. I've had 7.1 capable AVR's for years and still utilize 5.1 in-house. If you are one of those folks, or want to hook up the parents with 5.1....this would be a High-End choice for a bargain. If you are a Surround Bar owner and wanted to get into seperates...add an amplifier, and you're Golden.

Includes: Original box, original packaging, original user manual, reproduction manual and remote control.

B&K Components AV-5125 - 5 Channel Amplifier - 9/10 - *SOLD*

I was planning on using this for my HT for quite some time, along with the next piece, but it just never happened. It's a bad-**** 5 Channel amplifier, 'nuff said...but here's some good stuff. If you run Polk LSi...this is a high quality choice.

SPECIFICATIONS:
Power rating: 8 ohms 125 watts @ 1 kHz/ 4 ohms 185 watts @ 1 kHz
Frequency response 5 Hz - 45 kHz
Input sensitivity 1.0 Volts
THD (S+N) 0.09 % @ 1 kHz
Input impedance 33.2 k ohms
Damping factor 150
Current (peak to peak) 30 Amps
Slew rate 14 V / )sec
Dynamic headroom 1.4 dB
S/N (A-weighted) 95 dB
Voltage gain 28
Line voltage 120/220/240 VAC switchable
Dimensions (O.A.) 17"(w) X 16"(d) X 5.75"(h)
Weight 43 lb
Power consumption 1220 watts max
12.2 Amps max current draw
125 watts @ no input
Replacement fuses Line -12 Amp/250 Volt Slow Blow
Rails - 4 Amp/250 Volt Slow Blow

AV5125 User Manual

Includes: Original box, original packaging, high quality reproduction user manual and original power cord.

B&K Components ST-2140 2CH Amplifier - 8/10 - *SOLD*

The predecessor to the above and more than capable to drive almost any speaker including Polk Audio SDA. Again, it was part of a big picture, but just never happened. Here's some good information.

SPECIFICATIONS
Power rating: 8 ohms 140 watts @ 1 kHz/ 4 ohms 185 watts @ 1 kHz
Frequency response 5 Hz - 45 kHz
Input sensitivity 1.2 Volts
THD (S+N) 0.09 % @ 1 kHz
Input impedance 33.2 k ohms
Damping factor 100
Current (peak to peak) 30 Amps
Slew rate 14 V / )sec
Dynamic headroom 1.4 dB
S/N (A-weighted) 95 dB
Voltage gain 28
Line voltage 120/220/240 VAC switchable
Dimensions (O.A.) 17"(w) X 15.5"(d) X 5.75"(h)
Weight 31 lbs
Power consumption 450 watts max
4.6 Amps max current draw
40 watts @ no input
Replacement fuses Line - 8 Amp/250 Volt Slow Blow
Rails - 4 Amp/250 Volt Slow Blow

ST-2140 User Manual

Includes: Original box, original power cord and high quality reproduction user manual.
CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
Post edited by dorokusai on

Comments

• dorokusai
    edited May 2006
    If you want a dog, get this **** out of my house....just kidding, I just fell in love again. Anyways...I'm typing!

MONITOR 5 BTW.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dorokusai
    edited May 2006
    ARRRGH....OK, just lost what I typed for an hour....this is it for now. If you are interested, please express your innermost feelings now.

I'll amend the title and create another thread for the rest of the lot.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited May 2006
    dorokusai wrote:
    If you want a dog, get this **** out of my house....just kidding, I just fell in love again. Anyways...I'm typing!

MONITOR 5 BTW.

He's got that look..."You mind if I lift my leg on that box behind me? I really gotta go!"
    No excuses!
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited May 2006
    Sent you a PM regarding the 5-Channel B & K.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited May 2006
    Pugs are cool, how much for the pug?
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • dorokusai
    edited May 2006
    Demiurge - Here is the additional picture you requested via PM. Let me know if you need anything else.

Also, after Demi emailed me, I realized I didn't post pics of the 2CH B&K ST-2140....so here you go as well. The faceplate has a couple minor marks but the overall condition is excellent. It's been cleaned inside and out and I dug up an original box for shipping.

Steve - A couple 6 packs and some beef jerky.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited May 2006
    is that pic in the middle the 2 channnel amp? is that a third channel I see - what's that for?
  • marker
    marker Posts: 1,084
    edited May 2006
    I wish that Adcom pre/pro had 5.1 pre-ins. I'd be all over it!
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited May 2006
    Polkmaniac wrote:
    is that pic in the middle the 2 channnel amp? is that a third channel I see - what's that for?

Saving on partnumbers? Same case for the 2 and 3 channel amps?
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • dorokusai
    edited May 2006
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    Saving on partnumbers? Same case for the 2 and 3 channel amps?

That's correct. The chassis for the 2CH and 3CH amplifier are the same. The 3CH would have another bank of PCB/Heatsink on the right side and either one or two more Caps...I can't remember exactly.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited May 2006
    Bummmer, I was hoping maybe it was a type and that it had 3 channels - I'm on the lookout for a good 3 channel amp.

Good luck with the sale.
  • Demiurge
    edited May 2006
    BTW, I am buying that B&K Components AV-5125 Amp from Doro. I'll get with you on the details in the AM.

First Amp, coming up.
  • dorokusai
    edited May 2006
    Demi - Ok, thanks, I'll mark it as yours. Just remember, I pack all my gear whilst completely naked and drunk.
  • Demiurge
    edited May 2006
    Thanks, I'll unpack it the same way.
  • dorokusai
    edited May 2006
    Sweet!

The 2CH amp is still available, as is the Adcom Pre-Amp....drop me a line if you're interested folks.
  • Demiurge
    edited May 2006
    Got the amp, it turns on -- I'll play around with it this weekend when I figure out how to hook it up. ;)

Thanks again! Will PM Shack.
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited May 2006
    Damm i like the BK amp :)
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • dorokusai
    edited May 2006
    Demi - Let me know how you like it. It's a very nice piece...kinda miss it now.

Faster - Thanks.
  • Demiurge
    edited May 2006
    Will do, I know I will like it a lot more once I get the LSi15.
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited May 2006
    I wish i had the freed cash.. :D But i have a plus 2 cherry to order soon.. and i guess i better not postpone.. I already sent my bro-inlaw my svs before full payment of course, LOL for his enjoyment, so im out a sub as well..
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • Demiurge
    edited May 2006
    Works like a champ, thanks.
  • dorokusai
    edited May 2006
    Last call....anyone need a 2CH amp or 5.1 Decoder/Pre-Amp?
  • dorokusai
    edited May 2006
    Nevermind on the Adcom Pre-Amp...I'm going to use it for a Surround Bar rig in the bedroom. And the amplifier search begins....
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited May 2006
    FYI, tweeter had the Surround Bar for $599 near me. If you have a tweeter near you, check it out. They even seemed negotiable on it.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • dorokusai
    edited May 2006
    I appreciate the heads-up Andy, I'll check that out.
  • dorokusai
    edited May 2006
    Edit: N/m