Like hearing music for the first time!

Options
cindy100
cindy100 Posts: 256
edited May 2006 in 2 Channel Audio
Hi! I want to thank everyone here, especially Jesse, who gave your opinions, put up with all my questions and for all your help. I got my equipment hooked up this evening and can not believe the difference. I had no idea what I was missing all this time. I am even more anxious now to get the new speakers which will hopefully be next week. I still have to get the DVD player hooked up to the TV but that will come later. For now, I am just thrilled to have some decent music! Again, thank you all for everything.

Sincerely,

Cindy
Post edited by cindy100 on

Comments

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Congrats Cindy! Now your hooked! I suspect you'll be coming back for more opinions. Check out the Music and Movies Threads. There are a lot of good recommendations for some good tunes. Whaddya like to listen to?
    Carl

• Normanality
    Normanality Posts: 297
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Welcome to the beginning of your journey down the yellow brick road.

At the end of the rainbow is audio nirvana.

Enjoy! There's so much to discover :)
  • Midnite Mick
    Midnite Mick Posts: 1,591
    edited May 2006
    Options
    At the end of the rainbow is audio nirvana.

Does one ever really get there?

Congrats Cindy I am glad that you are happy. Hopefully you will stay happy cause that upgraditis can be a killer.

Mike
    Modwright SWL 9.0 SE (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Consonance cd120T
    Consonance Cyber 800 tube monoblocks (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC's with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Usher CP 6311

Phillips Pronto TS1000 Universal Remote
  • cindy100
    edited May 2006
    Options
    schwarcw - Afetr reading through some of the posts, I don't dare say what kind of music I listen to; I will be made fun of for sure! As for adding more equipment, I'm assuming it's okay to add an amp to what I just bought. It would have to be at a later time unless I run across a really good deal. I'm also assuming the new speakers are going to sound better than the ones I have right now and I may be pleased enough to not even add an amp. I am just so glad to have run across this forum.

Cindy
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited May 2006
    Options
    There are as many varied tastes in music as there are speaker choices. Post up...to hell with what others think of your choices. You might even turn us on to something new.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • starchaser
    starchaser Posts: 354
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Welcome Cindy!
    I'm new to audio myself and this is a great place to ask questions. Jesse amongst many others here on the forum are first rate.

I can so relate to your previous posts. Glad to 'hear' your enjoying your music, keep getting your learn on and stay in the groove!
    "There's a lot of places driving up and down I-95 that smell like ****" F1Nut
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,834
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Like hearing music for the first time!

Ah, that warms my cockles. :)

I predict your next upgrade will be a better source. It would be like going from the AVR to the integrated, only more so.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Awesome! Enjoy your new system. Stick around here, you'll learn a lot. And we want pictures! Just watch out for the upgrade bug. Don't say we didn't warn you;).
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Congrats Cindy. It's great when it begins to come together.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,092
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Great Cindy! All your patience and research paid off. Wait until the Lsi's arrive, that should be another significant step up. You could certainly add an amp, but use what you have now for awhile and just enjoy it. As F1 stated the next logical upgrade is the source (cdp or dvd). Enjoy what you have now, but keep in mind upgrading your source in the future.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Congrats on the new & improved system! It will sound even better with new speakers & separate amplification!:D

Post away with what music you like I myself have a very ecletic music collection!:D
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • crazy
    crazy Posts: 443
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Hi Cindy - congrats!

I guess I missed your earlier posts - what speakers/ electronics did you get? How about linking your earlier post here?
    Distant Dream - A New Beginning
    www.distantdream.com
    (Now also available on iTunes)
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited May 2006
    Options
    If you click in Cindy's ID in the post, you will find the previous posts.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited May 2006
    Options
  • cindy100
    edited May 2006
    Options
    crazy,

I ended up getting the NAD 372. The link for it is below; hope it works. The speakers are the LSi 15's. Still not believing the difference in the sound and couldn't be more pleased, for now!

Cindy

http://www.nadelectronics.com/hifi_a...72_framset.htm
    C372 Stereo Integrated Amplifier
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited May 2006
    Options
    I must have also missed any updates in the old thread, but did you end up getting the tuner as well?

Glad to hear the nad / lsi combo is working well for you. ;)
  • crazy
    crazy Posts: 443
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Congrats again Cindy - better electronics really make a huge difference in sound. I didn't believe this till I heard it for myself. I was initially thinking of going with a Rotel Pre and Amp combo but when I heard a Krell integrated amp, the difference in sound clarity was amazing so went with the Krell instead.

NAD is a great company and they make great amps - I haven't heard the 372 but have heard some other amps from NAD and they all sounded great.

Good electronics can really take great speakers like the LSi to a whole new level.
    Distant Dream - A New Beginning
    www.distantdream.com
    (Now also available on iTunes)