EX357 5x7 speakers

Options
danger boy
danger boy Posts: 15,722
edited June 2002 in Car Audio & Electronics
I just replaced the stock speakers with new Polk EX357 ones.. they sound clean, louder and the bass is much better. I am running them off of a 4x50w Pioneer Premier head unit.
I installed them in a 1997 Mazda 626 in the rear. The problem I am having is that they sound to focused... the sound is not broad and open... i can now pin point the left and right speaker. Does anyone have any suggestions? They sound great otherwise.. did i somehow cross the wires? I could not find the pos and neg lines.. so I played around with them.. and got good sound.. but now am having the aboved mentioned to focused sound.
thanks to anyone who can help me out.
PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
Post edited by danger boy on

Comments

• Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited June 2002
    Options
    Try spinning the REL (tweeter lens cover) and see if it's more to your liking. If the tweeters are aimed towards the front of the vehicle now, try aiming them towards the back or sides.
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited June 2002
    Options
    Which primier head unit do you have?
    I've been looking at the DEH-P930 reciever and wanted to know if it's any good.
    -Cody
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited June 2002
    Options
    I have a 2000 model year.. it's DEH P330 It's my second Pioneer Premier head unit. I've been very happy with both. One thing I like about the Pioneers is how much you can tweak it. It's very flexible.
    good luck
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin: