edited May 2006 in Vintage Speakers
-- Deleted -- Don
Post edited by HipoFutura on

Comments

• Toka78
    Toka78 Posts: 192
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Have you listened to them yet? I'd do that before making any rash decisions...do they have the interconnect cable? You might just end up selling the JBL's. :)
  • sda2mike
    sda2mike Posts: 3,131
    edited May 2006
    Options
    those damn sda2's!!! i'll take 'em off yer hands! crappiest speakers ever! don't let my forum name fool 'ya..

j/k!:D they work for me and tons of other peoples
  • Zen Dragon
    Zen Dragon Posts: 501
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Kind of depends on your music preferences. For Classical, jazz, produced classic rock, blues, the SDA's will give you a much better and accurate presentation than the JBL's.
    If you are listening to Hip Hop or heavy metal, you might prefer the dominant in your face bass response of the JBL's.
    The Polks will not hammer you with thumping bass, but my guess is your DIY subs can do that if needed. Give the SDA's a listen. They are superior speakers. They may move you from Polk forum intruder, to Polk forum enthusiast. :)
    Looks like you have amplification that should work fine for driving the SDA's.
    The Family
    Polk SDA-1C's
    Polk SDA-2
    Polk Monitor 10B's
    Polk LSI-9's
    Polk Monitor 5's
    Polk 5 jr's
    Polk PSW-450 Sub
    Polk CSI40 Center

Do not one day come to die, and discover you have not lived.
    This is pretty f***ed up right here.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,834
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Well said, Zen.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Hipofutura,

Welcome to the Forum. Zen said it all. If you try the SDA's, do not use those monoblocks with the SDA interconnect cable. Use the Phase Linear. SDA's need to be powered with a common ground amp. Using non-common ground amplifiers like the monoblocks could damage your equipment. The SDA-2 is a very nice speaker, give it a try with the tube preamp, and the Phase Linear amp.
    Carl

• HipoFutura
    HipoFutura Posts: 4
    edited May 2006
    Options
    -- Deleted -- Don
  • okiepolkie
    okiepolkie Posts: 2,258
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Where are you located? If there is a forum member close, there might be a way for someone here to get them if you don't want them.
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • F1nut
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Don,

Can you describe the speakers you have or post a few pictures as there are many versions labeled SDA 2, none of which are all that big. Have you actually listened to them?

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited May 2006
    Options
    sounds like he won't even listen to them. his mind is made up..

Don, just sell them to someone here who is close to you.. sounds like you just want to move them out of your house.. let us know where you live.. and more than likely, someone here lives nearby.

Don't part them out and Don't take them to the dump.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Toka78
    Toka78 Posts: 192
    edited May 2006
    Options
    What he said. They'll find a home.
  • HipoFutura
    edited May 2006
    Options
    -- Deleted -- Don
  • SDA2 Charlie
    SDA2 Charlie Posts: 1
    edited May 2006
    Options
    I am in the Philadelphia area! I will help you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Don, i'm sure someone will help you out.. and yes you need minimum of 25 posts to sell items in the for sale section here.

Don't give up... give us an email or some way to get a hold of you.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited May 2006
    Options
    This smells of an interesting way to circumvent the 25 post rule.

Just my opinion.

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • HipoFutura
    edited May 2006
    Options
    OK, HBomb you win.

Sorry Guys, I value my good name and reputation too highly to run the risk of besmirching it here. I didn't realize the min post rule. It was not my intent to stir up this fine forum (I mean that sincerely). Just wanted to understand what I had and the proper way to handle these speakers. I was just looking for advice similar to what I've given others as it related to classic cars or vintage stereo gear. I'm 52 years old, own a successful systems integration compay, and financially well off. I'm not in this for the money. Don
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited May 2006
    Options
    just pm me and i'll take them off your hands
    I need another set of rears for the ht any way
  • roystarman
    roystarman Posts: 4
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Anyone have an owners manual for the SDA 2. I have a set that I bought way back in 84 and after 2 moves the boxes and manuls have diappeared. Also, has anyone tried to redo thier front grills? is the black fabric something exotic?
  • F1nut
    edited May 2006
    Options
    You can get a copy from Polk Audio.

President of Club Polk