Bozak symphonies :)

Options
ohskigod
ohskigod Posts: 6,502
edited May 2006 in 2 Channel Audio
just picked them up over the weekend. Camera is low on batteries, so pics will have to wait.

I hooked them up with my Jolida cd player, anthem pre2l preamp and Hafler 500 amp. it sounded good, but you could tell that all the power from the hafler was a waste. I figured, hey, I just got that little Radii tube amp from Russ, let me give it a shot.

simply WOW. while the Bozaks are not the most detailed speakers in the planet, I cant describe just how pleasurable they are to listen too. its amazing what 8 watts of tube power can do.

I've listenned for hours and hours on end, with no fatigue whatsoever. Very warm, maybe a touch too warm, but I'll be playing around with tube rolling anyway, but so far, I'm happy as a clam.

this is my first foray into an all tube rig and so far, I'm quite happy
Living Room 2 Channel -
Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
Post edited by ohskigod on

Comments

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Awesome! Sounds like a killer rig from source to speakers. I wanna see pics! :D
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Sweet, dude!
    Congrats on your new purchase! Sounds like you're having a great time with the Bozaks. Crank it up.

Can't wait to see pics.
  • ohskigod
    edited May 2006
    Options
    still gotta get pics, but after a few days, I gotta say I am very happy with my purchase. As I figured, they are just a delight to listen too, especially at the lower volumes. I find myself wanting to listen for longer periods of time than I did before. Me likey running all tubes.

the system can sound a little too warm on some recordings though, and I am wondering if going SET instead of push pull is the way to go. I've heard good reviews with Bozaks on SET amps. Christ, here comes more money flying out the effin window! :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited May 2006
    Options
    All i can say is that after helping him pick up the speakers and lugging them into his basement they were definitly worth it. Stopped by yesterday to hear them and they sound awsome
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited May 2006
    Options
    PICS!
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited May 2006
    Options
    I am waiting on the delivery of two pair of B-302 Century's and a pair of E-100. The E-100 are basically the B-302 without that incredible midrange driver that an awful lot of people feel was the finest midrange ever. I was the previous owner of one pair of the 302's (got them in 1988) and the E-100's. I also owned a pair of Bozak "Tempo's" for awhile.

All the Bozaks are neutral to the point of almost being boring. Almost.

Have fun.
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Sweet deal. I haven't heard that name in a long time. Used a fair amount of their mixing consoles, and only heard one pair of their speakers, (floor-ish cubes almost), and they were stunning for their age. I think they were 20 years old at the time and that was almost 15 years ago. I bet they still sound great today. Good gig.
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • ohskigod
    edited May 2006
    Options
    the B302 was the first Bozak I heard at my uncle's in Georgia. Liked em ever since. Just a fun speaker to listen too, pleasurable.

for Madmax, seek and ye shall find. I got PICS!!
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• ohskigod
    edited May 2006
    Options
    pardon the bassment for being a little messy, thats the next project after my kitchen is done
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -