Complaint Department!

Options
C-Man
C-Man Posts: 307
edited June 2002 in Car Audio & Electronics
OK guys, the C-Dogg is getting a little pissed now. I pulled my truck seat up today to check on the MM100's. I looked at one and there is a pretty large crack in the cone. I'm really irritated at this cuz I have passed the 40 hour break in period finally, and I know for a fact that I didn't break the speaker, nothing fell on it, nothing even touched it, I made sure of that. Another thing that irritates me is that this is the second thing that has gone wrong with these... Not what I'd expect from subs that ran me $200 a piece. I know you'll just say send them back and the service department will be glad to help, but it sucks to have to wait almost 2 months for my new sub, and I have a really bad feeling it's not gonna be warrantyable anyway... You guys need to say something to ease my mind here...
"The Big C"
Post edited by C-Man on

Comments

• C-Man
    edited June 2002
    Options
    Kim,
    Thanks for the fast reply as usual. I'm gonna take the subs back to my dealer tomorrow. I figure he'll be able to tell me right away if the warranty will cover it. But my seat is no where near the cone, the surround hits on the seat very slightly, but not even in the area where the crack is. So I'll let you know what my dealer tells me.

Chris
    "The Big C"
  • C-Man
    edited June 2002
    Options
    Kim,
    Sorry to keep bothering you on the board, but I work the same hours you do, so it's hard to find time to call. Anyway, I was looking at the subs again today and I found out that this pretty much was my fault. The screw I was using to hold my box to my back wall is stripped out and the box actually moved forward when I would put my breaks on. I think when I did this it would hit pretty good on the seat on the one side, that's why only one of the subs cracked. Anyway, I'll send the one sub back to you asap, but it will have to be a couple weeks before I can do it. But sorry for for the angry first post, just reacting to the bad news. If I can't get the warranty on this, is there any way that I can repair it? Thanks again...

Chris
    "The Big C"