FS: DIY Blue Jeans speaker cables and jumpers

Options
zombie boy 2000
zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
edited May 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
***SOLD***
I have for sale two 9 foot lengths of Blue Jeans cable terminated by myself with spades on one end and bananas on the other (both purchased from the same vendor). I also have two pairs of homemade jumpers made from the same cable and terminated with all bananas and heatshrink. Both jumpers and speaker cable are Belden 5T00UP (Gray jacket, 10 AWG). Here are some pics:
I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
Post edited by zombie boy 2000 on

Comments

• zombie boy 2000
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Price for everything is $30.00 shipped... and since this is what I paid for 6 pairs of banana plugs and 2 pairs of spades, I feel the rest as gravy is reasonable. Another pic:
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited May 2006
    Options
    You'll notice that the heatshrink provided by Blue Jeans Cable was used, though I'll include the extra that was sent. This set-up should be perfect for anyone looking to replace those stock jumpers, or for anyone stockpiling spades and bananas for the upcoming war. Everything was purchased almost two months ago, so age (or oxidization) isn't a factor.
    please refer to the following link:
    http://www.bluejeanscable.com/
    Thanks to all
    Jason
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Any suggestions for gear placement would also be appreciated:)
  • bolelet1
    bolelet1 Posts: 92
    edited May 2006
    Options
    I'll take everything. How do I consumate the sale. Thanks.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited May 2006
    Options
    bolelet1
    send me a PM by clicking on my name and we'll get this train a'rollin
    thanks
  • Mike682
    Mike682 Posts: 2,074
    edited May 2006
    Options

Zombie,

I'm not sure about your room dimensions, but you might get a better front soundstage by spreading your fronts out a little wider. Could you move the dvd cabinets on each side closer to the tv, and then move the fronts to the other side of the cabinets?
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Mike
    It's funny you should mentioned it because that was my next project. The thing is the recent addition of Signal Cable IC's made such a vast improvement in my front soundstage that I had put it on the backburner. But you're right... initially, the sweet-spot was severely limited.
    Wouldn't hurt to do it anyway, so I guess I'm making excuses, eh?:D
  • masanz1
    masanz1 Posts: 511
    edited May 2006
    Options
    let me know if things fall through, I'll take them
    Matthew
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason

HT

Yamaha RX-V2500
    CS400-Center
    SDA 1A-Mains
    RT20-Surround
    None right now-Rears
    SVS 20-39PCi
    Infocus IN72
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited May 2006
    Options
    masanz1 wrote:
    let me know if things fall through, I'll take them

Will do...
    sent PM to Bolelet
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    edited May 2006
    Options

Where's the Beef?...where is your sub ?
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited May 2006
    Options
    In the corner hiding like the punkass **** it is
    (check sig):D
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Received MO yesterday and sent PM to Shack.
  • masanz1
    masanz1 Posts: 511
    edited May 2006
    Options
    I take it things fell through??
    Matthew
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason

HT

Yamaha RX-V2500
    CS400-Center
    SDA 1A-Mains
    RT20-Surround
    None right now-Rears
    SVS 20-39PCi
    Infocus IN72
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Sorry masanz1.....
    received money order on the 15th and shipped item same day.
    Thanks for your interest, though:)
  • bolelet1
    bolelet1 Posts: 92
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Received the cables/jumpers today and pm sent to Shack. Thanks again.