Jolida 302A tube amplifier for sale.

Options
madmax
madmax Posts: 12,434
edited May 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
This is one of the 302A Jolida EL-34 amps you guys have heard me praise so many times. It is an integrated which means the preamp and amplifier is both built into the same chassis.

It outputs 50 wpc of really nice EL-34 sound.

It comes with the complete set of original China tubes that came with it as well as another complete set of upgrade tubes which consist of 4x Electroharmonix EL-34's, 2x RCA 12AX7's and 2x Philips JAN 12AT7's. The upgrade tubes were all chosen by ear to perform with synergy. They have around 75 to 100 hours on them. In general most tubes last 3000 to 5000 hours total. Many others were tried and this ended up to be the final result with this given amplifier and my SDA's.

It comes with original box, packaging, both complete sets of tubes, manual and power cord.

The condition is very good but there are a few scratches on the side and a small place where the paint was scraped on the top right side. The 3rd pic shows a mark on the left side and the 4th pic shows the bigger one pretty well. In normal lighting conditions it is not noticeable due to location and would be at home in most systems.

It has 4 source inputs, 4 and 8 ohm output taps (I found the 8 ohm taps best for SDA's), power switch, LED, volume, balance and source selector.

It comes biased and ready to use with the upgraded set of tubes. So why throw in the original China tubes? Well, although somewhat unrefined they have a certain EL-34 midrange quality that make them keepers. The upgraded set of tubes has much better bass definition, extended highs, killer soundstage and a great midrange but I still find the originals a kick every now and then although I wouldn't make them my daily drivers.

Setting the bias on this amplifier is a breeze. You need a cheap Radio Shack volt meter and a little screwdriver and you are set. You place the voltmeter leads in the connector on the top of the amplifier, turn the top mounted trimpot next to each tube until the voltmeter reads 40mV. All explained fully in the manual.

Sold!

madmax001

Edit: China tubes installed for pics only, the upgraded ones are in the boxes.
Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
Post edited by madmax on

Comments

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited May 2006
    Options
    :drool:

That is a nice looking integrated. And only $625 for 50wpc?! Wow...

EDIT - There's no way I can get it. But it does look nice.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • Zen Dragon
    Zen Dragon Posts: 501
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Damn, I hear the Who's Magic Bus song in my head right now.

I want it, I want it, I want it.

You can't have it.
    The Family
    Polk SDA-1C's
    Polk SDA-2
    Polk Monitor 10B's
    Polk LSI-9's
    Polk Monitor 5's
    Polk 5 jr's
    Polk PSW-450 Sub
    Polk CSI40 Center

Do not one day come to die, and discover you have not lived.
    This is pretty f***ed up right here.
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Hey folks, this amp is incredible (I have one just like it) and max is good people. Jump on this.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • dylan
    dylan Posts: 453
    edited May 2006
    Options
    I must have it! Sending a PM, Madmax.
  • madmax
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Sold to dylan.
    Enjoy!
    madmax

• madmax
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Dylan,
    When you get the Jolida I suggest putting the upgraded tubes in it. That would be the small ones in the white boxes and the large ones in the black boxes. Each box is marked with the location such as V6, V8 etc which correspond to the markings on the top of the amplifier. So long as you install each one where it says it goes you will have no problems.

Just a FYI, the two front tubes are the preamp tubes. They are 12AX7 tubes and could be swapped back and forth with each other because they are not biased. Same with all other 12AX7 tubes. So in the future should you want to try different ones you just plug them in. The two small tubes behind them are 12AT7 tubes. They too can be swapped back and forth with each other. You cannot swap a 12AT7 with a 12AX7 tube and vice versa. Now, for the 4 big tubes. They are EL-34 tubes and each one is biased via the trimpot next to it. The ones in your amp are new and matched and theoretically could be swapped around but you shouldn't because as they age a little they will start to vary. Right now they are biased right at 40mV as the manual suggests so long as you put them in the right places. There is a marking on each box but not on the tube so do them one at a time and don't get them mixed up. If you do you will need to re-bias the amp. After a few months you should anyway so find yourself a cheap voltmeter when they are on sale at RS. I typically bias them every few weeks but that is WAY too often. I just do it because I can. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
    madmax

• Zen Dragon
    Zen Dragon Posts: 501
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Great deal Dylan! Especially since it comes with the upgraded tubes that have probably about a perfect burn in time on them.
    If it wasn't for a less than ideal financial situation, and about 3000 miles of shipping distance I would have snagged it.
    Enjoy!
    The Family
    Polk SDA-1C's
    Polk SDA-2
    Polk Monitor 10B's
    Polk LSI-9's
    Polk Monitor 5's
    Polk 5 jr's
    Polk PSW-450 Sub
    Polk CSI40 Center

Do not one day come to die, and discover you have not lived.
    This is pretty f***ed up right here.
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Way to go, Dylan! You're gonna love this unit. Looks nice, too.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • dylan
    dylan Posts: 453
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Awesome, thanks max for the info and good feedback everyone. I'm pretty excited about this, I have a Jolida 1301 integrated right now (soon to be up for grabs...), but I wanted to go the next step with a tube amp, as the 1301 has a SS amp. I've been thinking about it for awhile, and this seemed to be the ticket. Can't wait!
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited May 2006
    Options
    That's a nice integrated....there's no turning back now.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.