FS: Radii Audio MMS211 SET Monoblocks

RuSsMaN
RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
$895 shipped, lower 48

211 driver with a 6BM8 front end. 12 single ended watts. The power tubes are Chinese, will ship with a quad (2 extra) Tunsgram 6BM8. The 211 tube can handle upward of 1200v to the plate, and make near 30w. These are loafing (790v) and will last a very long time. I haven't had these amps on the bench, but I've driven 87db speakers to VERY loud levels in a 25 x 15 room. If you have 90+db speakers, and don't listen at concert levels (115db) - you'll have all the power you need.

The 6BM8 is essentially an EL84, with half of a 12AX7 on top of it. I mention this, because in 845/211 amps, you usually see more than one front end tube. Rectification is solid state, and the circuit is self biasing. The transformers due emit a slight hum, but that is simply the design, and nothing you can hear when listening - even at low levels. Heavy duty binding posts, Cardas input jacks, IEC.

These amps sound amazing. Single ended is usually a great MIDRANGE amp, but these actually have good low end punch, and a sparkle on the top end like a push pull design. No issues, original owner, original boxes / manuals.

Why the sale? Time to try something different, nothing more. TWO FREE PS AUDIO POWER PUNCH 2M POWER CORDS INCLUDED
Cheers,
Russ
Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
Post edited by RuSsMaN on

Comments

• jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited April 2006
    I would like to add that these are visually stunning as well, with that big 'ol 211. Especially in person. I can't buy these, but I'd highly recommend them.

Sorry to add unnecessarily to the "for sale" thread...
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited April 2006
    Ditto...

The soft glow those 211's throw in even a semi-darkened room has to be seen... perfect compliment to their sound which coincidentally has to be heard.

... and an unsolitcited, positive bump is never a bad thing.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2006
    F a bump, I have no idea why you two aholes aren't at least asking for a coupon book to pay them out.

Pansies.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Tour2ma
    edited April 2006
    Can't speak for Jason, but personally I'm too overwhelmed by your charm to ask any favors...

You sweet-talker, you...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • criverajr
    criverajr Posts: 1,675
    edited April 2006
    Russman,

How would these push the LSi 15, I am thinking it about it very hard. I have a Rotel 1080 amp that gives them 200@8 and 300@4, would this be a step down, up, or sideways. Come on guys what you think. I would need to move the Rotel also not for the money but not to have to many amp lying around doing nothing. Let me know

CRj
  • unc2701
    unc2701 Posts: 3,587
    edited April 2006
    When you say transformer hum, do you mean mechanical hum emiting from the transformers? or do you mean the transformer's EM field produces a hum emiting from the speakers?
    Gallo Ref 3.1 : Bryston 4b SST : Musical fidelity CD Pre : VPI HW-19
    Gallo Ref AV, Frankengallo Ref 3, LC60i : Bryston 9b SST : Meridian 565
    Jordan JX92s : MF X-T100 : Xray v8
    Backburner:Krell KAV-300i
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited April 2006
    criverajr wrote:
    I would need to move the Rotel also not for the money but not to have to many amp lying around doing nothing.
    Too much $$$ for me, those tubes, but if you get them pm me with your asking price of the Rotel. I should get my LSi15's today and still need an amp, unless I leave the DQ10's un(der)powered. :D

Russ, I wish I could get the tubes but just not ready for that kind of coin yet.
  • criverajr
    edited April 2006
    Sami,

Let me see what Russman saids we can probably work out a three way, and everyone can be happy, the Rotel pushes the 15's just fine.

Carlos
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited April 2006
    Also PM me with your second in line price on the Rotel if you're interested in going with the Monoblocks.
  • criverajr
    edited April 2006
    Guys,

I will wait for Russman to reply, it's his thread and I do not want to hijack it, any questions about my amp please PM and we can discuss, but not on Russman thread. Sorry Russ for the semi de-thread.

CRj
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited April 2006
    criverajr wrote:
    I will wait for Russman to reply, it's his thread and I do not want to hijack it, any questions about my amp please PM and we can discuss, but not on Russman thread. Sorry Russ for the semi de-thread.
    I thought it would be ok if it helps him make the sale... ;)

I'll take it to PM from here on.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2006
    They can certainly handle the impedance load, as stated, its all dependent on how you like to listen. 88db isn't exactly efficient.

Mech hum, right from the power trannies
  • criverajr
    edited April 2006
    i need them more for HT than music, will it make a difference.

CRj
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2006
    Get something else for HT broham. I want to sell them to you, but they aren't the best option for your application.
  • criverajr
    edited April 2006
    Thanks Russman,

I think I will stay with the Rotel, my critical listening time is rare these days. Thanks for the honest answer, now somebody pick these up.

CRj
  • scornful
    scornful Posts: 272
    edited April 2006
    Damn I was hoping to see a three way.... ummm nevermind not what I had in mind.
    Denon 3802
    B&K 7270
    Outlaw ICBM
    Behringer DSP1124P
    Samson S1000
    SVS 20-39CS+ (x2)
    RTi150's
    CSi40
    FXi30's
    RTi38's
    Win Vista HTPC
    InFocus 4805 ~100" Screen
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited April 2006
    I'd like to, but I really can't do it. Somebody jump on these...
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited April 2006
    *drool*

Those are beautiful.

Russ - Wanna do an even trade with some ASL's? "These will go toe to toe, with ANY, and I mean ANY small push-pull amps on the planet."

:D
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2006
    *bump*

Price reduced - again, interesting trades considered.
  • unc2701
    edited May 2006
    If I manage to move this Crown pro amp, I'm interested- those would be perfect for my high eff. DIY's. Will let you know as soon as my interested party gets back to me.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2006
    Let me know in a few days broham, I'll hold off on agon posting if you're interested.
  • unc2701
    edited May 2006
    Yeah, mine's still up in the air. Don't turn down any offers in the meantime and I'll let you know ASAP.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2006
    Final reduction, off to the 'gon this weekend.

The audio racks pictured are also for sale (local) for $50 each.
  • Demiurge
    edited May 2006
    Let me know if you change you mind on the local part of the rack deal.
  • Schris22
    Schris22 Posts: 983
    edited May 2006
    where do you live? I live in Houston (san antonio right now) Depending on where you live in North Texas those racks might cost me more in gas.

Chris
    Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR502-S
    DVD Player: Pioneer DV-578A-S
    Left and Right: R50
    Center: CS1
    Rear Center: R15
    Surrounds: R30
    Subwoofer: 10'' Dayton 100 Watt
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2006
    McKinney, just north of Dallas.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited May 2006
    Man, I can't BELIEVE these haven't sold yet. 12 single ended watts? That's PLENTY of power.

High fidelity brohams.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Tour2ma
    edited May 2006
    Russ,
    I'll take the racks. Should be heading your way next weekend +/- a couple days... You've been warned...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• Demiurge
    edited May 2006
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2006
    Bruce, come get these racks out of my house, pronto.

LAST CALL on the SET monos.