Lookey what I got

Options
keith allen
keith allen Posts: 734
edited April 2006 in Vintage Speakers
Well,they're on their way!Had encouragement from some of the other members,so I didnt think it out to long,should be here late this week!
Post edited by keith allen on

Comments

• jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited April 2006
    Options
    Congradulations!!
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited April 2006
    Options
    nice looking pair of Monitor 10 series 2 you got there.

enjoy!
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited April 2006
    Options
    cool!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Zen Dragon
    Zen Dragon Posts: 501
    edited April 2006
    Options
    Congrats. That is the second pair of Polks I ever bought back in 1980 somethin and I still own them. They have a nice sound and I presently run them off a small receiver/TV in the downstairs family room.
    Enjoy!
    The Family
    Polk SDA-1C's
    Polk SDA-2
    Polk Monitor 10B's
    Polk LSI-9's
    Polk Monitor 5's
    Polk 5 jr's
    Polk PSW-450 Sub
    Polk CSI40 Center

Do not one day come to die, and discover you have not lived.
    This is pretty f***ed up right here.
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited April 2006
    Options
    Enjoy the 10's, I wish I had room for a pair.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2006
    Options
    They appear to be in great shape, congrats.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited April 2006
    Options
    That's a pair of speakers that never get lame.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited April 2006
    Options
    Nice Keith! Enjoy the sound, these are nice speakers.
    Carl

• Joe Mama
    Joe Mama Posts: 1
    edited April 2006
    Options
    I've had a pair of these speakers for about 12 years, and I absolutely love them. I'm not exactly an audiophile, but I know these speakers sound great. I don't care that they aren't as attractive as many of today's speakers.

I picked them up about 12 years ago from an old guy I met while I was shopping for speakers. He sold them to me for $200 back in 1994.

I actually came to this message for looking for some advice. I just got my 42" HDTV, and now I'm looking for the sound system to complement it. What center, subwoofer, and surround speakers would work well with my Polk monitor 10 fronts?

I'm also still using an old Yamaha R-V701 I bought at the same time as the speakers. Any AV receiver recommendations would be welcome as well.

I don't have a huge budget to work with, but I am willing to spend some money for a nice system.

Thanks,
    Chad
  • keith allen
    edited April 2006
    Options
    I cant help ya there Chad,I only do two channel,but somebody will give you good advice b efore the day is done
  • keith allen
    edited April 2006
    Options
    Well,they came today,really mint,really sound good too.They are replacing sda2's,and I think I'll enjoy these more,a little more rocknroll.The sda's are probably the best box speaker I have ever heard,but the monitor 10's I think are a better all around speaker because of the bass,not near audiophile grade as the sda's.Audiophile doesnt necessarily mean better though...does it:p They're really cool speakers,these I may keep.
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited April 2006
    Options
    Have you ever heard a pair of Mon 7As(with the Peerless tweeter)? Not quite as much bass, for obvious reasons, but more than adequate amounts and great imaging. I'll most likely keep my 10As, too, but the 7As will never go anywhere.

Nice find!!!
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • keith allen
    edited April 2006
    Options
    I use to hang around an upscale audio shop back in the 80's,they carried the whole polk line,so I have heard a lot or probably all the monitor's of that time but I cant tell ya what they sounded like,other than I know they sounded good,because here I am more than 20 years later still buying polk!
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited April 2006
    Options