Unique Audio Store in Toronto........

Options
Dennis Gardner
Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
edited April 2006 in 2 Channel Audio
Applause seems to have found a niche that I would love to visit and spend some time around. It looks, laidback, unpretentious, and comfortable. From the pics in this tour the place seems it would be a great place to spend a rainy Saturday afternoon listening to some different gear.

http://www.symposiumusa.com/exterior.html

Take the tour through this unigue little shop/gallery.

Anyone been there? Let me know what you thought.
HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
Post edited by Dennis Gardner on

Comments

• organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited April 2006
    Options
    WTF? Never heard of the store. I need to check this place out. I wanna demo that horns/set combo. Thanks for the heads up.
  • Schris22
    Schris22 Posts: 983
    edited April 2006
    Options
    interesting for sure.

Hard for me to navigate the site. maybe I'm stupid, couldn't even see dealer list of product lines.

I would definatly check it out if I lived up there. Tell us what you think organ.

Chris
    Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR502-S
    DVD Player: Pioneer DV-578A-S
    Left and Right: R50
    Center: CS1
    Rear Center: R15
    Surrounds: R30
    Subwoofer: 10'' Dayton 100 Watt
  • Dennis Gardner
    edited April 2006
    Options
    If one didn't have to make a "living", it looks like a store like this would be a great place to spend your time sharing your love for nice audio with those that understand that 2 channel still has its place.

Let the music just wash over you.............;)
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • Dennis Gardner
    edited April 2006
    Options
    This site is simply from a review of the store, as they found it intriguing.

The Applause website is terrible, but gives you product lines.

http://www.passport.ca/~ear/

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited April 2006
    Options
    Reminds me of Russ' house... minus the basement. Texans don't know what those are.

Cool site... great approach... saved link...

Thanks for posting your find, DG.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • Schris22
    Schris22 Posts: 983
    edited April 2006
    Options
    basement?

i live in texas!

where in texas do you and russ live?

Chris
    Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR502-S
    DVD Player: Pioneer DV-578A-S
    Left and Right: R50
    Center: CS1
    Rear Center: R15
    Surrounds: R30
    Subwoofer: 10'' Dayton 100 Watt
  • Dennis Gardner
    edited April 2006
    Options
    Tour2ma wrote:
    Reminds me of Russ' house...

Hehehe, I guess you're right.:D He does have all the cool toys on every wall. Each time you turn around, you step back and say, wow, another tasteful rig put together....hows this one sound?

• LuSh
    LuSh Posts: 887
    edited April 2006
    Options
    I've passed by it when I'm down in that area. Toronto is blessed with a number of places like this.