Need help to install EX693a speaker

Options
pktran
pktran Posts: 3
edited May 2002 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hello budy !
I just bought an EX693a speaker and installed to my Camry 02 but I could not open the cover on the top of my rear dashboard in order to replaced the old one with this new one. Any ones know the trick, please help me. When I release the trunk, I saw the old speakers almost the same size with this, I guess this will fix. Any ones using this speaker ? Is this one good or not ? Thanks for all of your help.
Post edited by pktran on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Polk Woodpecker Posts: 0
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Hey, how's it goin? To get to your back speakers, you have to remove the entire rear deck. The first step is remove the side panels on either side of the rear deck. Be careful not to break the clips. Remove the third brake light by unscrewing/remove the clips on the side of the light, then unplug it.Next pop any clips out of the rear deck that could be holding it. It should come out easily after that. Then the spekaers are easily accesable after that. I would suggest having a panel removal tool and shorty phillips screwdriver before beginning. Any other questions, feel free to call Kim Jasper in customer service at 800-377-7655 x.208.
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited May 2002
    Options
    if u dont have a panel tool 2 flat head screwdrivers(one on each side of the clip) work good too
    but if u plan to change out other speakers invest in one
    theyre not that expensive at all
    -Cody
  • JustinGoodie
    JustinGoodie Posts: 18
    edited May 2002
    Options
    man, you got it the easy way.... in my car ('93 Concorde) i had to completely take out the back seat to get the rear sill out.... that was a fun day :rolleyes: