Alpine CDA-9857 iPod Interface

2»

Comments

• jderdock
    jderdock Posts: 131
    edited May 2006
    With the 9856 when I am trying to scroll though artists it takes forever....and it actually goes slower the faster I scroll the knob. I am wondering if the 9857 is as slow scrolling through artists, etc. as the 9856 is. If it is just as bad, then it's basically an extra $130 for a nicer display.

Yes, that's what I'm saying. It's very fast and works perfect. I wouldn't have fluffed it otherwise. I'm very picky about that stuff.
    Rega P3 > Parasound Zphono > NAD C320BEE > Polk LSi 15
  • jderdock
    jderdock Posts: 131
    edited May 2006
    lsutigers wrote:
    Actually you can, I have an Alpine CDA-9855, a $550 deck, tried the original Alpine iPod adapter and it sucked, so I'm running on the aux input and I get this annoying humming noise. My buddy has his iPod hooked up the same way (aux) to his Eclipse CD4000 $350 deck, and it sounds amazing, very impressed with the quality. I haven't tried Alpine's new iPod adapter but I can tell you its sad their decks are not what they used to be, I have owned a few Alpines and the build and sound quality of this latest one is dissapointing, my next deck will be an Eclipse.

Sounds like an issue with your wiring. I had the same setup (using a Sik Imp to get a clean line-out) with no noise issues.
    Rega P3 > Parasound Zphono > NAD C320BEE > Polk LSi 15
  • iworkfortweeter
    iworkfortweeter Posts: 53
    edited May 2006
    the cda-9857 is a total badass. you can actually tune the frequency response, instead of just boosting the preset frequencies. you can also create your own presets, which is badass. another thing that's cool is the bluetooth capability as stated. talking on your fone while hearing someone through your speakers?! BADASS!
    currently in car:
    '00 Honda Accord LX V6
    AEM V2 cold air induction
    c400.4 amp powering a pair of momo 6500's
    and a pair of momo 6x9's
    alpine monoblock amp powering a jl w3 12''
    custom fab work for tweeters
    jl rca's, dist block and power/grounds
    alpine cda 9857 head
    three ground loop isolators
    ipod integration, all songs at 320kbs