New vs. Old

Options
sntnsupermen131
sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
edited May 2002 in Car Audio & Electronics
What are all the differences between the new 12" MOMOs and the old ones(excluding the box)

-Cody
Post edited by sntnsupermen131 on

Comments

• Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Pretty much everything. The baskets are the same, but the paint is different, the back of the magnet cup is different, the surround, cone, spider, etc. are all different. We felt it was time for a change (since the old Momos are 2 years old), and we feel the new Momos are better looking and performing, and we were able to bring the price down.
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited May 2002
    Options
    how much better performing are they
    i have the old ones so i want to know how much better they are than mine basically....

thanks again
    -Cody
  • DAlba
    DAlba Posts: 124
    edited May 2002
    Options
    What are the dimensions of the enclosures? Do you have any more pics?
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited May 2002
    Options
    The footprint of the 12" box is 11.5"x14.5"x14.5" high. I don't have a 10" box back here, but obviously it'll be slightly smaller.

We're still playing with them but I believe the power handling increased, and they seem to take a little more abuse (they don't reach their limits quite as quickly as the old ones). I've had one in my car for a couple of weeks and don't hear a difference (the sub's in the trunk), and the one in the Civic for the past few weeks seems to be about the same. I wouldn't say they have a different "sound" than the old ones, unless maybe you're right next to them (and even then if you see them being switched you'll likely hear a difference). We're also seeing if maybe they're better suited to vented enclosures than the old ones.